View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 03:37 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by morelcabin
I am the total opposite...I am afraid of the blocks...can't do them...in fact started a bargello yesterday that looks terrible and won't lie flat.
I am an applique fanatic! I started my first ever quilt with major applique and have never looked back.
You definitely can do it...it is really much easier than blocks!

My avatar shows one of my very first applique designs...it is a picture of my cousin
I can sew, I can embroider and I love piece quilting and I love making samplers. I do not like Applique'. So I figure this, if it causes me any anxiety WHATSOEVER, it is not worth it. I have done it. I don't like it! No disrespect. I admire anyone that can do it and enjoys doing it and gets great satisfaction from appliqueing, but I don't enjoy it at all. I get anxious and sweat blood from appliqueing and I just decided not to do it. And as far as I am concerned, it doesn't bother me that I can't. Why? Because I can do something else. Edie (See what snow can do - makes a person all feisty - and there still is so much snow to get rid of and we have more coming tomorrow and Thursday. Mercy!