View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 04:48 AM
Nancy11442

Originally Posted by Sewmuchtodo
I love creating and sharing with others, however now I am hesitatant to do this when it comes to quilts. My grandson is engaged to a sweet young lady, and I would love to make her a lap quilt. However the last quilt that I made it for my granddaughter. She was 17 at the time. I spent quite a while creating the quilt. Well, I was over at their house one day and while going out to the back patio I spotted her quilt just laying on the ground outside. It was quite apparent it had been there for a while. I was hearbroken, to see how it was disregarded. Ever since then I am unable to bring myself to commit to gifting a quilt. I keep trying to get past it, but it is so hard. I would love to make more quilts but I just keep thinking about the work and the lack of appreciation. Any suggestions on how I can get over this? This is the quilt that I made for my granddaughter..thanks for any suggestions.
I suppose we have all had one of our quilts disrespected and have felt the hurt of this kind of "insult". I made a "rag quilt" for a grandchild bec I was asked to make it. Just recently, his parent asked me to "buy" him a blanket for Xmas. I didn't have the heart to ask what happened to the "quilt". I suppose there is an explanation, but I didn't want to hear it. As stated here, when it is given as a "gift" it has no strings attached. Let it go and hope someday they realize what they've done. I have a dtr who has a favorite saying....you can't fix stupid. I know that's cruel but sometimes that's where it is. Pull up your Big Girl Panties and share your love with others. That's what quilts are, you know, LOVE. Your quilt pic is beautiful and the downfall was not yours. Think about God giving His Son...what a Gift. Look how many do not enjoy that Gift. Stitch On!!