View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Izaquilter

Originally Posted by JuneD
You know, a 17 year old may not appreciate the work that went into making the quilt, but I hate to say it, her mother or father should have. Especially if it was given to her by her grandmother. I am sorry for being so blunt, that's just my opinion.

I can understand your reluctance in making another quilt, but there is someone out there that would LOVE a handmade gift. (especially me!!!!! :-)
I made 5 baby quilts for our first grand daughter which none of them were ever used. Once she got older, she'd see me quilting & wanted to make a quilt for her doll. I told her I made her several baby quilts when she was a baby to ask Mommy for one for her doll baby. She never did show up with any. Some people just do not appreciate, period. It's like you said, it's the parents. For some they take no value in what you have put into it & other just don't have any idea what a quilt means (to you or from you). I know the feeling. I also made them a super king size quilt for their wedding that was not appreciated (by her, not my son). Later heard that she hates the color blue. Looks great in my house!