Thread: Oh PLEASE
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 04:29 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by DottyD
It is the Saturday before Christmas and is snowing very heavily here in the UK. Might not be able to get down to our Daughters - about an hour and a half away - if it persists. Weather reports are not good and here in the UK we just never seem to cope as in countries where they ALWAYS get loads of snow - but manage to get it right. !!
To top it all I have been feeling horrid all week and then yesterday it became very apparent I have shingles. It is SO painful -- so I am feeling very sorry for myself !!!!!! Started some medication yesterday which should calm things down in a day or two. I don't even feel like sewing -- not like me at all.
Hope you all have a Merry Christmas, and a Happy, Healthy and PIECEFUL New Year.
Kind Regards,
Dot.
I had shingles 3 years ago. They are brought on by stress. Mine started the day after Easter. I was afflicted on my right side from right below my boob to my crotch and from belly button around to spine. I was in bed in horrible pain for 2 weeks and then very weak and hard to get around till May. I couldn't do anything because the meds made me so I couldn't read and about all I did was read. My DDIL came in to feed me and let the dogs out. I hope yours are not too bad. And I hope your snow stays in your part of the world. I normally love snow but not this winter, with the dog layed up with his ACL surgery. Try to have a "Pieceful Christmas" and a Merry one too. My thoughts are with you.