Oh PLEASE

Old 12-18-2010, 05:43 AM

Take care of yourself! My MIL had them and could not see her new gd- years ago. I held her up to the screen door for her to view. We did not want to take any chances.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:11 AM
DJ

I'm so sorry to hear about the shingles and the weather. The snow just isn't the same everywhere. We don't usually get a lot of snow in the Seattle area, and we are the subject of some ridicule when it does happen because we have so much trouble with it. The reasons are 1) We are not prepared because it's somewhat rare; 2) It's wet and slushy and they freezes to ice overnight (colder areas get nice light snow that is packed and easier to drive on); 3) We have more hills that many areas that get lots of snow, so just a little can cause real havoc.

As for shingles, I've thankfully never had them and am old enough to get the vaccine which I did. Hope the medicine kicks in soon and gives you relief! Feel better soon so you can get back to quilting.

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-18-2010, 06:22 AM

So sorry you aren't feeling well. Hopefully, you'll be doing much better by Saturday and you weather will clear up.

Have a joyous holiday :thumbup:
Old 12-18-2010, 07:24 AM

Oh I hope you aren"t in too much pain! My husband had them last fall , neck face and behind his ears. Went to doctor too late for meds, so he really suffered for many weeks. Once he cleared up, his doctor told him to get the vaccine as they could return again. We both have had the vaccine now. So , my friends, if you are of age and haven't had the vaccine, get thee to the doctor!!
Old 12-18-2010, 07:27 AM

Oh, Dot --I'm so sorry about the shingles. They're not fun to have at all. And I hope the weather improves so you can enjoy time with your daughter.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by clem55
Oh I hope you aren"t in too much pain! My husband had them last fall , neck face and behind his ears. Went to doctor too late for meds, so he really suffered for many weeks. Once he cleared up, his doctor told him to get the vaccine as they could return again. We both have had the vaccine now. So , my friends, if you are of age and haven't had the vaccine, get thee to the doctor!!
My doctor told me that once you have the shingles the vaccine won't work. I just try to remain stress free....Yeah right :roll: :roll:
Old 12-18-2010, 08:07 AM

Thanks all for your kind replies, I pray the meds start to kick in soon, I had to ask my Doc for them - as at first he just suggested Paracetamol - and not the anti virals. As I had had shingles before and am a retired nurse, I knew what the medication for this condition is -- and I know that the course is very expensive - maybe that is why at first he didn't suggest them !!
Anyway thanks for being there when I am feeling a bit low !!
Old 12-18-2010, 08:34 AM
Power Poster

Oh my, do take care of yourself so you will feel fairly well by Christmas. get lots of rest and hope the medication works fast. I think i got my shot for shingles. i keep meaning to call and ask my Doctor's nurse.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:23 AM

Get well soon.