View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 07:45 AM
hazeljane

Originally Posted by leatheflea
I want to applaud you for making a quilt for someone that isnt quilt worthy. What angel you are. Your daughter and grandbabies are so lucky to have you. Maybe you could imagine that for every stitch that goes in and out of that quilt your sewing his mouth shut to profanity and negativity towards your grandbabies. Kill him with kindness, set an example to your grandbabies, we're all tempted to fall into his negativity, but kindness always wins.
Me too. I was going to say that you should pray a little with every stitch. i sometimes look at my quilts as living prayers, designed to hold my loved ones when i cannot. I have made a few quilts for my husband's sons, one of whom was a total jackass to me for a long time. I prayed for patience, and more importantly, I prayed for his stress levels to be reduced. I think it shocked him that I made him a beautiful quilt. And it did improve our relationship.

Pray for him, and your grandchildren, in whatever way you choose to pray. (For me, often it's just an intent and good thoughts). That he realizes what his actions do to his children, etc. Not angrily, but as if you wish for his own sake, that he realize his ways are hurtful.

Sounds a little "woo-woo" I know, but I feel like it helps ME become a better person when I am able to let go of anger and dislike, and if he's your grandsons' dad- he is not going anywhere.

Be well.

Maggie