Thread: Influences
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 07:48 AM
crochetetc

No one in my family quilts except my mother and she was self taught really dont know what got her started except all us kids moved out and she had money again. My grandmother loved home made skirts but would usually cut them out, pretend the machine was acting up and convince my mother to make them for her. I got started when I had my daughter and decided that she needed a handmade baby quilt. I made 9 patch blocks by cutting out every square and then sewing them together. I ended up making 4 quilts all in different colors for the 3 nieces and my daughter. I was sucked in after that.

I eventually moved on to bigger quilts and my favorite to this day was the one my husband and I made when we were both unemployed at the same time in 2004 for 2 weeks. We made an airplane quilt that is still used today and has warm and black batting in it.

Now I have a large stash and my 7 yo has learned to quilt and sew and will soon be starting on her second quilt. She has developed a taste for LQS fabric like her momma!