View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 03:51 AM
dgmoby

Originally Posted by k3n
Personally I wouldn't get hung up on the stitch regulator at the expense of other features. I'd take a balanced view of all possible machines based on the kind of sewing you like to do. I FMQ on my Janome 6600, no stitch regulator just a bit of practice. I also know ppl with LA systems who turn the stitch regulator OFF because they prefer the freedom of controlling stitch length themselves. All I'm saying is, I wouldn't buy a machine JUST because it had the stitch regulator - I'd consider ALL it's features. You CAN FMQ well without one. :-D
You know, I have to say that while I would consider every feature a machine has, I would without hesitation exclude any that didn't have a feature that was important to me.

For example, I quickly excluded longarm machines without a SR when I was buying. No questions. For the most part, the only people who don't have a SR longarm now are the ones who learned to use a longarm before this feature was available. Most now have a SR, and switch between it and manual mode for different applications. (True longarms, not mid- or short-arms which frequently do come without a SR.)

So, just my thought. If I really wanted a SR, then that's what I'd buy. I'd simply not purchase anything without it. Otherwise, I'd never really be happy with my purchase - but that's just me :)

Debbie in Austin