Thread: Men
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Maride

Your husband is in a very difficult situation. I can tell you, because I was in his shoes. Exact same situation. Jorge was laid off after 8 years working for a company. They relocated us, found us a house, gave us a mortgage, even sent movers. we didn't have to touch a thing. His job came with a job for me too. That is how much they wanted him. Eight years later he was gone and I got to keep my job. I stopped attending company functions because I could not ask him to come with me and face the very same people that laid him off, and I could not go by myself and leave him home when a few years back he was an active participant. I suggest that if it bothers you so much, talk to him. He probably didn't want to make you feel bad. Is very important that you two discuss how this kind of situations will be approached to prevent misunderstandings and heart feelings.

Our situation went on to get worse when the company was sold and I ended up loosing my job too. He still felt rejected, because everyone else was laid off after the closing announcement but he was gone before.

Please talk to your husband and be on the same boat. Even if you find another job your feelings about this place may not change. even if the decision was not personal but business, is hard to see it that way when you don't have a job. I hope things go on better for the both of you.

Maria