Thread: How Many UFO's?
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 01:45 AM
justflyingin

Originally Posted by Tropical
I don't worry about unfinished projects anymore unless I planned them as a gift. I used to fret a lot about not finishing things, like books and sewing projects, that I had started. Well, as I have gotten older (not old - Just older, maybe I should say more mature)I have decided if I got joy doing something while I was working on it or reading it - that is enough for now. Maybe someday I will finish everything or maybe not. I get so much joy from the creativity of planning and checking out my ideas that my brain is so active coming up with that I have given myself permission not to finish everything. I have found that my new attitude leaves me much more relaxed and fun to be around for my husband.
When I realized that my husband was this way about stuff, it helped me become more relaxed. I got frustrated about the house--why can't he finish up the projects, etc? Why do these things bother me and not him? Then, I read this article about how some people get the thrill out of the PROCESS and not the FINISHED PRODUCT. I realized that he is like that. He doesn't care if the house ever gets finished all the way. I wish it would.

But it helped my attitude. I so enjoy the sewing part (the creating of the top itself) but I don't mind the finishing up. If it isn't that great, I make it into a tied charity quilt. That way it is much faster and not a lot of frustration to me.

That isn't to say I have no UFOs...Haha. I'm going to post some pics in the pic section of some people who took charity quilts last Sat. at our big Christmas outreach. Some of you might be curious to notice which quilts some people chose to take.