View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 05:08 AM
lvaughan

Originally Posted by Edie
Originally Posted by hospicenurse
I turned the channel after she and her daughter beat the fish to death with a bat.
They didn't beat the fish to death with a bat, they stunned it, which sometimes have to be done on a boat with large fish. They can swipe you a good one - very humane.

Personally, I like Sarah Palin. She is a good woman. I like what she stands for, politically or on the home front. She is a good mother (remembering that all of us are human and what we teach our children sometimes goes in one ear and out the other). I learned that from my mother. She loves her state as I love my state, Minnesota. She loves her family and she brings food to the table. In Alaska they bring food via hunting for it. I clean fish, pheasant, deer and bring it to our table too. I think I would really like her as a friend.

I also think that Kate is a spoiled rotten little brat! And I think it all started when she decided she could do anything. She does not have the mettle that Sarah has. I loved Jon and Kate and I don't think I will watch Kate plus Ei8ht anymore. But I sure will watch Sarah. She knows a lot about her state, she is a fantabulous representative for her state and any state would be proud to have her as a teacher, representative/senator/spokesperson/president, whatever she wants to be and thinks she could be to better our country. God knows it isn't doing too well as it is now! So I will continue to watch and enjoy Sarah Palin's Alaska.

With that said, I can't wait for the next episode. The scenery is gorgeous, the dialog is so humorous and so loving and just darn fun to watch. Edie
I agree, I like Sarah as a person and think her family is a close, loving one. I grew up in Arkansas where my Dad and brothers hunted, mainly deer but other wildlife also, like turkey. We had cows, pigs and chickens, for food, my grandmother could ring a chickens neck before you knew what was happening. Yes, some people live different lives than others but that doesn't make them cruel or heartless.

All I will say about Sarah concerning politics is that I find her to be an honest person unlike the vast majority of politicians we have in Washington now.