Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Thumbs Up or Down?

'just wonder, of those that have watched "Sarah Palin's Alaska", do you enjoy it? - I am NOT talking politics, I am talking her view of the state. Do you watch it weekly?

Honestly don't care to.

Blog Entries
    I haven't seen it, but I think the episode with Kate on the show would have been funny.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Japonica
    Honestly don't care to.
    what she said.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Japonica
    Honestly don't care to.
    what she said.
    Ditto.

I tried watching the pilot episode the other night. I'm not into reality shows, but I tried giving this a try. It just wasn't holding my attention. If it helps, I would say that if the show was "Jane Q. Public's Alaska".

Edit - I'm not bashing Sarah Palin; the show was just, well, boring..

Is she a politian or a movie star. Ditto with the others. Shows her true colors by doing the show.

bj
    I only watched it the other night when she had Kate and her 8 on there. I was curious to see how the two strong-willed women would get along. I thought Kate was pretty rude when she whined the whole time and then left early. And she guilted her kids into leaving when they were having fun. I thought Palin did a good job in a bad situation and tried to make it fun for the kids. I think she truly loves her state and did a good job selling it. A lot of it wouldn't appeal to me any more than it did to Kate, but I think I could find my way to be a little more gracious than she did. Wonder if her show is still the little girl's favorite. She didn't seem too enamoured at the end there.

We don't get TLC on antenna.

Can't stand Sarah Palin so I do not watch it.

I watch it because I love Alaska. Visited there a few years ago and fell in love with the state, so I watch a lot of Alaska shows.

Blog Entries
    Don't have TV, but "talk=email" with some who do live or have lived in Alaska, and they said she did a darn good job there but needs a good, strong minded publicity agent like all other politicians. Too bad she didn't have real Alaskans on the show. Alaska is such a huge place with so few people there that I suppose you get to know them better. Like a small town, just VERY spread out.
    Love pictures of that land and wish I had traveled some that way. Diamond mines and gold mines and masses of lovely trees and clean air and water. Good fishing and hunting.

her voice makes my skin crawl I cannot stand her!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosta
    Ditto here. I would watch a show about Alaska if it weren't from her view of the world.

Blog Entries
    :thumbdown:

Blog Entries
    Love the show since I love Alaska. Don't care for Sarah as a politician, but love her honesty on the show. As her Kate, what a wimp. What did she expect camping in the wilderness in the fall to be like?

bj
    Quote Originally Posted by dream56
    As her Kate, what a wimp. What did she expect camping in the wilderness in the fall to be like?
    She was already up there filming her show, I think. I wonder if her camping experience will show up on her show with her take on things. She seems to have control issues and I don't think she is very gracious about things not going as planned. I'm with you, wouldn't you assume it would be cold in Alaska, even if you didn't plan on the rain? :D

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    :(
    Would not take my time to watch it. Didn't even know about it.
    I'll say one nice thing about her. she has great hair when she doesn't pin it up.

I would love to watch a show on Alaska as I love the scenery but I can't stand her voice so I don't watch it - but I do not generally watch any reality tv shows so my opinion wouldn't count I think :)

Love your avatar! Looks like a real ham. REgarding Sarah's show...I have watched it and I love the scenery. I think she is a good person that loves her state and believes what she says. Now...her voice drives me nuts. But her family is strong and I do like that about her.

Blog Entries
    I agree with MadQuilter. Would to visit Alaska someday, it really looks beautiful. Just don't care to see it through Sarah Palins' eyes.

I turned the channel after she and her daughter beat the fish to death with a bat.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosta
    I'm with you. It is like fingernails on a blackboard.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hospicenurse
    I turned the channel after she and her daughter beat the fish to death with a bat.
    They didn't beat the fish to death with a bat, they stunned it, which sometimes have to be done on a boat with large fish. They can swipe you a good one - very humane.

Personally, I like Sarah Palin. She is a good woman. I like what she stands for, politically or on the home front. She is a good mother (remembering that all of us are human and what we teach our children sometimes goes in one ear and out the other). I learned that from my mother. She loves her state as I love my state, Minnesota. She loves her family and she brings food to the table. In Alaska they bring food via hunting for it. I clean fish, pheasant, deer and bring it to our table too. I think I would really like her as a friend.

I also think that Kate is a spoiled rotten little brat! And I think it all started when she decided she could do anything. She does not have the mettle that Sarah has. I loved Jon and Kate and I don't think I will watch Kate plus Ei8ht anymore. But I sure will watch Sarah. She knows a lot about her state, she is a fantabulous representative for her state and any state would be proud to have her as a teacher, representative/senator/spokesperson/president, whatever she wants to be and thinks she could be to better our country. God knows it isn't doing too well as it is now! So I will continue to watch and enjoy Sarah Palin's Alaska.

With that said, I can't wait for the next episode. The scenery is gorgeous, the dialog is so humorous and so loving and just darn fun to watch. Edie

BMP
    Blog Entries
    I like to watch it...I think she is a true person and doesnt sugar coat anything just puts it out there..we need more politicians like her. I cant stand Kate she has had her 5 minutes of fame and still wants another hour YUCK !!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast