View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 05:32 AM
Blinker

Originally Posted by MTS
Originally Posted by Blinker
That's why I very seldom have someone else work on my quilts. I like to say that I made it all myself.
Using the "cooking" analogy, if you mixed up the cookie dough & someone else baked them, would you have made the cookies? Something could go wrong in the baking, and by then it's too late.
It takes longer to do it yourself, and sometimes it's not convenient or easy, but in the end then you're the only one responsible for how it turned out.
Just my preference, I guess. I've had mostly good experiences working with long arm-ers when I did hand some of my quilts over to them to add their creativity, BTW.
And I don't enter judged shows. I just quilt for myself & for gifts.
And you devised the recipe for the cookie dough all by yourself?
No?
So all you did was mix a bunch of ingredients together?
Well, now, how hard could that be?

:lol:

I'm just saying.....
And there is definitely more to a quilt if you made up the block design, or designed the arrangement of the blocks yourself ("devised the recipe") versus taking a pattern from a book, but that's another discussion.
I said it was just my preference to finish the quilts I make, unless time or another factor enters into the decision, and there are lots of opinions posted. Thanks for sharing yours. I mostly read discussions; very seldom comment on them.
Many/most like to use long-armers, and I do, too, on occasion.