View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 06:10 AM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by Blinker
And there is definitely more to a quilt if you made up the block design, or designed the arrangement of the blocks yourself ("devised the recipe") versus taking a pattern from a book, but that's another discussion.
I said it was just my preference to finish the quilts I make, unless time or another factor enters into the decision, and there are lots of opinions posted. Thanks for sharing yours. I mostly read discussions; very seldom comment on them.
Many/most like to use long-armers, and I do, too, on occasion.
Actually, it's exactly the same discussion.

If someone doesn't applique because they dislike it, do they get disqualified as a quilter?

Why do people have to buy charm cakes and jelly rolls? If they're quilters, why the heck can't they cut their own darn fabric? Are they really quilters?

Shouldn't a quilt that's done on a domestic sewing machine be judged differently than one that's done a long-arm, because one must be easier than the other? Hmmm, tell that to Diane Gaudynski and Sharon Schamber.

It's ridiculous.

The actual quilting is just one part of the process.
If someone wants to send out their quilts, that's fine.
It doesn't make them any less of a quilter.

And it doesn't make someone who does it all by herself higher up on the "quilting" food chain.

Unless, of course, you're Diane Gaudynksi or Sharon Schamber. :lol: