View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 01:21 PM
clem55

We always had a bunch of extra kids around, and there were plenty of times I had to shove them out the door. And they came from good ,loving homes. I think they just enjoyed being where there was a relaxed feeling and food to eat. I never had any problems with them, never let them forget it was my house, and that I was a mother, not a buddy. we had plenty of rules here, and we were treated with respect. Some of the kids called me MOm, and that was fine with me We had a large family room with plenty for teens to do, and I was glad that my kids were here. If any of them started critizing their parents, I set them straight. I believe there are just some homes where teens feel they can be themselves and be accepted, not being told what to say or do all the time. some may not a happy home where they want to be, and some kids would rather hang out anyplace but home for whatever reason they think is a good one. AThere were a couple brothers that spent hours at my house, and I later learned they didn't want to hang at home because if they said or did something that made the dad mad, he didn't punish them, but he made them watch while their mother took their punishment. No wonder they didn't want to be home!! The father was a preacher!!! One of the boys ended up getting in trouble, using drugs, drinking, and it breaks my heart. He was the oldest, and I think he just couldn't handle it at home anymore. This all took polace after highschool .my boys weren't here as much, so they weren't either.