View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 08:05 AM
LynnS

Thanks for the nice welcome today!

June, I just read your comment on my blog. I see we are 'neighbors'. I go in to Martinsburg to do family genealogy (my great great great grandfather was married in Berkeley Springs in 1799!). Like many before me, I was born in WV. I have traced one line of my family back to the 1750s in WV (Roger Dyer in the Fort Seybert Massacre in Pendleton WV) and 1760s with my Keister family (in Brandywine). Last year, I found the original farm and the family cemetery, and even met a cousin. Tracing my family lines has been an incredible experience.

Quilting, Bevanger, Craftybug, and Mgshaw -- I have been in and out of each of your states in our travels. Our 2008 trip took us as far as Idaho and Washington. My husband and I love to travel, but while we're on the road, I really miss my quilting projects.

Alaskan lady, I have not been in Alaska yet, but very much want to visit your state in the near future. Thanks for the welcome!

As for my unfinished stuff, I've been working on the pile for a few years. I usually put some photos on my blog as I work on something (or finish something).

For now, I have been longarm quilting on a 24 year old top -- I made it when I was expecting my second child. LOL It's been on my LA for more than a month now because I decided to make my own templates and quilt custom feathers everywhere. (Boy does that take a long time!) Anyway, I hope to have it ready for binding in the next day or so.