Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello from Virginia >

Hello from Virginia

Hello from Virginia

Old 11-03-2008, 10:08 AM

I've been lucky to have that choice myself. I worked, then worked at home (telecommuting before it became in vogue), then mother at home without a job/career, then self-employed. I've been fortunate to get the sampling of each and I much prefer not working outside the home.

Hornets? That must be a sports team over at one of the schools.....I have to admit that I don't watch others play sports, sorry!

Paganquilter, Where would I post some photos on this site?
Old 11-03-2008, 10:39 AM

There's a section titled "Pictures" on the main forum list. :-) At the top of that forum, you should see how to post pictures. But that's the place for it.

The Hornets are from Shenandoah University :-D
Old 11-03-2008, 12:41 PM

:D Welcome from So Cal. I have a cousin in Culpeper,VA. Is that near you? I am trying to get her to start quilting but she is too busy with her horses.

judee
Old 11-03-2008, 02:56 PM

Paganquilter, I'll have to scrounge a few photos and post them then.

Hi there Judee. I'm not far from Culpeper at all. Just tell your cousin that quilts are stylish saddle blankets and maybe she'll be convinced to start quilting!
Old 11-03-2008, 03:23 PM

Welcome from Southern California. Sounds like you fit right in. I have a large stash and am working on my large pile of UFO's. Of course, there is nothing like the fun of starting a new project. all the new fabrics and colors are just so tempting!!! :)

My chosen carreer was homemaker and mother as well. I was able to do that for 20 years. However when DH retired from the Navy and went to Seminary 7 years ago I had to go work. Just recently, though I cut my hours back and only work 19 hours, 3 days a week, unless it is tax season. Longing to be a homemaker again, someday!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 06:30 PM

Welcome from born breed West Virgina so nice to have you join would love to see some of your quilts
Old 11-04-2008, 08:11 AM

Hi there Gayle. Your life has also granted you a variety. Working towards not-working sounds like a good goal to focus on in the upcoming years. In the interim, enjoy the journey and keep quilting!

Hello Mountain Moma, sorta 'neighbor'. What part of WV are you from? I was born in Huntington, then when my mother got a teaching job in MD, we moved away from family.

I promise to scrounge up some photos and post them in the next day or so. Today, I'm finishing up a recycled denim tote bag.