Old 12-26-2010, 02:56 AM
moonrise

DH, who's a wonderful hubby but not really into buying gifts, surprised me this year! :mrgreen:

He'd gone grocery shopping, and little did I know that he'd bought more than groceries. When he came back home, he disappeared into the bedroom and told me not to come in there. Hmmm.

A little while later, he emerged with three carefully-wrapped gifts! :mrgreen:

He wanted me to open them right then. I chose the big square flat one. Three rulers! A 12-1/2" one, a 9-1/2" one, and a 6-1/2" one. Yay! :thumbup:

Then I opened another gift. Two Snickers candy bars! :lol:

Then I picked up the third gift. It was very heavy for its size (about the size of a paperback book), and had a WEIRD rattle to it. Thud! Thud! I kind of guessed what the rulers were, but I had no earthly idea about this one! So I opened it, and inside was a bar of soap and a weird metal nozzle-looking thing. Huh? ;-)

It was a trick. He used the soap and metal nozzle to make the box heavy and rattly, so I couldn't figure out what was in it! LOL! I took them out, and underneath them was a piece of cardboard that said "Under here". I turned the cardboard over, and it was the label for a humongous new cutting mat! He'd hidden the mat in the closet and (understandably) didn't want to try to wrap it. So he wrapped the label instead! Hee hee! The mat is 36" x 24", and is double-sided. It's gigantic! :thumbup:

He did good! :D

My mom and sister got me some gift cards, some perfume, some fun-colored ink pens, and some other little goodies. :) My dad is supposed to come over this afternoon. He usually gives us money, which is awesome too! :-D

My mom also gave me a "gift" that really made my day. My grandmother (her mother) passed away earlier this year. Granny was a wonderful, creative, generous woman, always sewing, crocheting, and making things for people. Momma saw all the quilts and stuff I'd made, and told me I was just like Granny ... a huge, huge compliment. :mrgreen: (Truth be known, I could never fill Granny's shoes, but I really appreciated the compliment nonetheless!)