Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas?

Blog Entries
    I got silk pjs from DH, embroidered kitchen towels, lots of gift cards to Connecting Threads, two new Go Dies, a neat chili pepper shaped pin cushion, a box of fat quarters, and my favorite from my oldest DD, a new Roku streaming instant movie box for my tv. DH got a Roku too! And the most useful gift I think I've gotten in a long time: a fur lined long mitt with an ice scraper attached. :-D
    I had a great Christmas with the family and now I need a nap.

Blog Entries
    We don't celebrate christmas but we got a new tv (the old one was on the fritz) and a WII game last week. Been having tons of fun.

I got a pair of boots and a bathrobe from one daughter, a necklace, some hand-blown glass icles and a gift card for $100 to my favorite material store from another and I don't know yet what I got from my youngest daughter. She hasn't arrived yet, will be here in about an hour or so. And probably chocolates from my son but he isn't here yet either.

chocolate, chocolate, and more chocloate! (REally!)

My DH got me leather gloves and my Dream Hoop for my emboidery machine, gifts cards from my step children, pottery bowl and coffee mugs that my oldest son made, a phone call from my youngest son who lives in China, breakfast with my dad (mom passed in May) and breakfast with kids and MIL and FIL here also. Tomorrow all my husbands family will be coming after everyone gets out of church for an easy dinner and more family time. Very good time was had by all.

Blog Entries
    I got the juicy couture sewing machine charm from DD and a Nook Reader from DH. I also got a gift card to Joann's. Yay! Every year my former boss sends me the Annual White House Ornament - this year it is a music theme. But, the best gift was the gift of prayer my Mama gave us over the telephone.

Blog Entries
    Janome 6600 P - books, leather gloves, Mary Poppins tickets, another play, candles, socks

I got the nicest softest Liz Claborne thin fleece pjs. They are so pretty I wore them all day.....they are an animal print but are a soft grey and cream. I got some cooking things I wanted, some premixed soup kits (my gd and I love soup), some accessories for my Kuerig coffee machine, some chocolates and a gift certificate for fabric. The best gift I got was when my DGD came over and gave me a big hug and said I would love you even if you didn't buy me anything. (I know that is why I did)

Blog Entries
    I got a cricut expression machine with extra cutting mats and a accessories package as well. a new harley shirt. Two motorccyle girl wear shirts. fuzzy socks. a new windsheild for my harley. a new set of pots and pans which I sooo wanted. A silver jewelry box from my daughter and a beautiful heart pendantnecklace that has the name of my grandsons engraved on it!!! I think I was a very very good girl this year!!

Blog Entries
    I received a great DVD,it's the early years of our married lives and family more to come from daughter.She put a lot of our old move tapes on the DVD.It's the best gift ever.

I got an Accuquilt Studio with three die sets, a phone call from a best friend, a phone call from Daughter GD and GGD and GS.

I have finally got through to my DH and kids. I got a gift certificate to my LQS, gloves (FM), opened a box full of fat quarters and rulers! I was excited because after all these years they decided to listen to me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Connie in CO
    I received a great DVD,it's the early years of our married lives and family more to come from daughter.She put a lot of our old move tapes on the DVD.It's the best gift ever.
    That is an beautiful gift - what a thoughtful gift from DD!

Blog Entries
    i got a kitchen aid mixer and candles and p.j.s and my the best gift of all family and love we shared the day with each other and that was my most charished gift merry christmas to all

My TV upstairs in the living room was dying a slow death so DH bought me a 42" (my old one was 27"!!)!! Santa gave my DH a large denomination gift card for Home Depot. He's been wanting some new tools :)

We don't really buy each other gifts for Christmas because we get what we want or need all year long :)

Coal.....again :(

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davidwent
    Coal.....again :(
    You poor thing...I got half of a new kitchen and dining room floor. My son and I went halvers, so he got half too! I also got a fat check from my sis, which I've already spent some on line!

Two quilting books -- one on appliqued baskets and one on quilting feathers

A pair of jammies

A docking station for my iPod....last one stopped working on my iPod only....

A gift certificate for a nail spa

Not too bad....

A new sewing machine from my DH.

Banned
    I got a new iron that I needed, a Brother 4000D...and a pair of thigh high, high heeled boots ( I always called them hooker boots but I love them) LOL!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TymeToShine
    A new sewing machine from my DH.
    Me too! Don't we have wonderful husbands?

I got a certificate for a massage, chocolate, Estee Lauder perfume and lotion, some pottery and a Barnes and Noble gift card.

DH and I bought a Kuerig single-cup coffeemaker as a gift to us both.

Most of what I got was from my kids. Since I am planning to buy a new sewing machine, DH is going to pay for part of it when I decide what I want as the rest of my Christmas present.

It has been a nice Christmas, especially since all four of our kids are home.

Lots of bubble bath and bath salts all my favorites, earrings, slippers candy, candles, salsa and chips, and my very favorite Jordan Almonds! No sewing things my family doesn't get it!

We had a wonderful day and I got sew many wonderful gifts. My oldest daughter gave me a gift certificate from a clothing store. Second daughter gave me Fabricland giftcard and a quilt book called Creative Sewing Techniques by Machine. Son gave me a gift card to Chapters and a book called Redwork from the Workbasket by Rebecca Kemp Brent. My Mom gave me Quilts from Grandmothers Garden. My husband gave me the John Flynn quilting frame, several Kitchen-Aid items and money to get some feet for my machine.

My best present was my 8 year old grand daughter telling me that I give the best presents and how much she love what I made for her and her sisters.

DGD,DD and family and DSIL gave us gift cards. Hubby and I got new off road tires for our Z-71 4 wheel drive truck. A month and half ago we got a new botttom freezer refrigerator.
    We buy anything we want all through the year, pick it ourselves and is always just what we want.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast