Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas? >

OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas?

OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas?

Old 12-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Jim

The most special thing about my day was total family time...my son, DIL, Daughter, SIL, wife and all 4 grandsons. Before the day was over the twins were asleep before all their packages were opened so they are coming back today to finish...LOL KIDS what were they thinking...lol...I did get the TWISTER TEMPLATES...I think its the only thing I did ask for. And lots of clothes, gift cards to LQS, movie and restaurant gift cards. But, most of all the best was the family time.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by retired2pa
My TV upstairs in the living room was dying a slow death so DH bought me a 42" (my old one was 27"!!)!! Santa gave my DH a large denomination gift card for Home Depot. He's been wanting some new tools :)

We don't really buy each other gifts for Christmas because we get what we want or need all year long :)
We are the same way - decided we were going to book a cruise for March/April this year - Should be fun
Old 12-26-2010, 10:26 AM

My best gift was a car...my dad is no longer able to drive due to Alzheimer's...they moved 7 months ago and my mom had only driven twice...got lost one of the times, and the other only drove about 1/2 mile. Mom is age 82 and finally admitted that she probably wasn't going to drive anymore and that she could give up the car. I am so appreciative...this car only has 38,000 miles...I have a 1998 van with over 130,000 miles and had no $ in budget to buy a vehicle...so this was an answer to a prayer.
Merry Christmas to me!!!
Old 12-26-2010, 10:31 AM

I got an ipad and a cuisinart food processor, my daughter gave me some bath and body lotions, my other daughter gave me chocolates
Old 12-26-2010, 10:37 AM

Well I didn't get anything but that's ok but I gave a friend a gift and I have a few gifts for my son and his gf. I just couldn't afford to really go buy for more this year. Also I have no DH or BF it's just me and my Lucy Lu Lu (shih tzu ), Allie (umbrella cockatoo), Ricki (cockatiel). And Most of All I have Jesus Christ in my Life...
Old 12-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by LindaR
would someone explain the roku to me please
It's great.. I can watch all the old classic tv shows, mini series, movies, anytime I want. DH can't work the DVD player but he had the Roku hooked up and working in about 15 min. You have to create a Roku account but it's free online. We use our Netflix account. The set up tells you step by step what to do to connect to your accounts. The Roku cost about $70 for the mid quality player, the low end player doesn't work with some of the routers. You have to buy a HDMIcord but Roku has them for $10, don't buy the $50 cord. The high end Roku is better if you play online games. If you have internet service you can buy a router and have wireless in your home. It's sure cheaper then having cable if cable is high or not available in your area. Netflix is $9 a month for unlimited instant movies, tv. Your tv has to have the HDMI port so be sure and check for that.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:14 AM

My DH got me a new camcorder,Ematic E6 mp3/mp4 with touch screen player,sapphire cross necklace.I also got a $25.00 gift certificate to my local scrapbooking store and $25.00 in cash.Boy! was I lucky this year!.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:20 AM

Got lots of things, but the "quilty" things were: a cutting table, an Accuquilt Go Baby with some dies, a vanishing design wall, a Civil War quilt book, and a computer strictly for my sewing room (for EQ and embroidery). Yay!!
Old 12-26-2010, 11:23 AM

My kids got me a gift card to my favorite quilt shop. My husband didn't get me anything and I didn't expect anything from him. It would have been a big surprize if he would have gotten me something.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:28 AM
kbs

I received a Kindle e-book reader and have been finding out how to use it ever since. Think I will like it a lot after some practice.