Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas? >

OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas?

OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas?

Old 12-26-2010, 06:57 AM

My son made a DVD of all the home vidoes made at Christmas and put music to them.After dinner we put it on and watched the children grow up from babies to being mothers and fathers
then my Son saw my fabric in the sewing room and said he was glad he didn't buy fabric lol
Old 12-26-2010, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by SherryCat
I have you all beat! My 5 year old grand daughter is fighting cancer. Yesterday she had a wonderful day! Caitlyn was a very happy girl, she ate more than she has in days, she was smiling, which she hasn't done much since the diagnosis on 2 December. It was a glorious day for our family.
Yes!!! this beats all the material gifts in the world!!! Hugs to you and your family and super good energy to your GD.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:27 AM

My 31 months old g baby got me a $50 card to Hancocks, way to go Boo. I got fabric, pj's, christmas ornaments, gloves, socks, lotion, money and I still have to open gifts from my brother once I get home, I'm stuck here in SC for it's snowing and this Mississippi gal doesn't drive well in snow.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:31 AM

I purchased a new car for myself. DH was glad that I finally made the decision to go ahead and do it!
Old 12-26-2010, 07:32 AM

I got a QuiltCut2 cutting system, new refrigerator with French doors, icemaker and bottom drawer freezer; new stove with 5 burners, new microwave.
I knew about these gifts ahead of time.
Also got a 320GB external hard drive for the computer that also makes movies and videos and a live web cam so that my husband & I can see and talk to our grandchildren in NJ. We are 500 miles away.
Also got a cedar/glass birdhouse and my husband got new PJ pants and some books.
IT IS A FABULOUS CHRISTMAS!, but the best part was going to Church on Christmas Eve with my Daughter and her family here in Maine and then back to her house with about 30 friends for good food and fellowship.
Christmas Day we went back to her house (18 miles from us) for a prime rib dinner which we shared with another family who don't have any relatives here.
Now we are expecting a blizzard!
Old 12-26-2010, 07:59 AM

dh and I received a huge box from Omaha Steaks of lobsters, steak, burgers, and dessert from one daughter, and the other daughter made a scrumptious dinner of prime rib with the best sides and desserts you would want. A very nice day with her "friend" and his children - everyone played Wii and there was alot of laughing! Great time
Old 12-26-2010, 08:01 AM

My daughters went together and got us a panoramic photo of the Mackinac Bridge and gift card towards framing to hag in our lake home. My DS and DIL sent me a Fossil watch and purse(DS just got hired at Fossil), plus we Skyped with them to wish them a Merry Christmas. My DH got me some books, movies and a couple of puzzles. Then he said he had one more that he couldn't wrap. When everyone was here, he told me to close my eyes. He brought out a deluxe carrying case on wheels for a sewing machine. I'm thinking...OK when do I ever take my 9000 anywhere? It's too heavy. Then he brings out 2 gifts that are wrapped. the first was a hoop for the 11000. I'm thinking..what good is this-it won't fit. He says" they told me it would work on your machine. I said I don't think so. then i open a digitizer program. I'm so totally confused. and disappointed. I had been teasing him about getting me an 11000 b/c my 9000 is 15 yrs. old.I had told him-one stop shopping at the Janome dealer, one gift to wrap,etc. He told me not at this time and I'm OK with that, really. well in the midst of my confusion/disappointment, he disappeared to get "one more thing" I suddenly realised that he bought me the 11000 for Christmas!!! I burst into tears-in front of everybody! My DGS said why are you crying Grandma- are you mad at Grandpa? DD explained that sometimes people cry when they're happy too. DH came out of the other room with the box and I'm bawling my head off! Later i asked him what made him decide tobuy it now and he said it was because he knew how much i loved to sew. what a sweetie! My SIL, looked at my MIL and said maybe now we'll get a quilt! How insensitive! BTW, I made my DH a quilt for Christmas this year which he loved.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-147900.jpe  
Old 12-26-2010, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by SherryCat
I have you all beat! My 5 year old grand daughter is fighting cancer. Yesterday she had a wonderful day! Caitlyn was a very happy girl, she ate more than she has in days, she was smiling, which she hasn't done much since the diagnosis on 2 December. It was a glorious day for our family.
Yes you did have the best gift of all. Will pray for Caitlyn's continued recovery. And more good days.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:09 AM

Thank you!
Old 12-26-2010, 08:21 AM

would someone explain the roku to me please