Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas? >

OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas?

OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas?

Old 12-27-2010, 06:01 AM

I got the best gift of all. 2 pug puppies. boscoe and belle
Old 12-27-2010, 07:06 AM

From my daughters and SIL I got a Shark steam mop for my wood floors, the MIL&FIL gave me a gift card and $100 cash, alway love cash, and from my dear, lovable husband a diamond love knot necklace(told him that our cruise later in the year was enough). But my best present was that we were all together.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:23 AM

I got lots of goodies here are pictures of what I got from hubby and my 2 girls! I also got 3 bottles of Celine Dion perfume, fuzzy ballet slippers, fuzzy socks,body wash and a new professional grade counter top deep fryer!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-148328.jpe   attachment-148329.jpe  
Old 12-27-2010, 07:33 AM

I got wonderful gifts from my family members, but here is the most special one: On Christmas Eve we had dinner at my DS and DDIL's home (a first, since I usually do all the holidays) with our new baby GD. We had lasagna which my DD lovingly helped my DDIL prepare since she is a wonderful woman but not a cook. After dinner we played Trivial Pursuit, and then the kids put on music and my youngest DS asked me to dance to John Lennon's Christmas song. It was the first time we ever danced together and was so sweet. Before we went home, my middle DS told me what he felt like as a new dad and how much fatherhood means to him. Can it get any better than this? What a Christmas Eve!
Old 12-27-2010, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
We don't celebrate christmas but we got a new tv (the old one was on the fritz) and a WII game last week. Been having tons of fun.
That's good to hear, we don't see the need for gifts now that the kids are grown.
Unless you count the $10 a month extra we signed up for on the cable bill. We had to move up to a bigger 'package' to get the OWN for me, and more news, movie channels for my husband
Old 12-27-2010, 08:48 AM

I got pinking shears, non slip stuff for my rulers,some craft stuff and gift certificates to the LQS!!!!! My DH got me one! I was so impressed, he is learning! :-) I also got a new bow for hunting!
Old 12-27-2010, 10:56 AM

I got a new Pfaff Creative Vision, chair and cabinet. I'm so excited. Now, I have to learn all about the machine. My other machine is a Pfaff 7570, so this was quite an up-grade.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:30 AM

I received 2 shirts (for work) slippers, gloves, my fav. Milano cookies, candy, scratch off Lottery tickets, watch, alarm clock, toaster oven, candle, $100 Jo-Anns gift card and from my DS a beautiful card telling me how much he loves me and that I'm the greatest! I cried my eyes out. Heck, I just re-read the card again and I'm crying AGAIN!
I had a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with my family and that is more important than any gift.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:59 PM

Santa was really good to me this year. My DH go tme and Nook Color and a brand ne Brother 1250D sewing machine with all of the accessories. I also got gift cards for ebooks and cash.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:07 PM

Gosh reading about all the gifts given and received by everyone is just wonderful. I am particularly partial to gifts made and given with love myself; along with those that hold deep meaning for the recipients such as the clocks I read about earlier. Such precious and meaningful gifts are treasures.

Thank you for sharing :D