Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas? >

OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas?

OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas?

Old 12-27-2010, 02:10 PM

I got the new Estee Lauder kit in the gold suitcase. Estee perfume and powder, and a glass blown dragon....that's all I wanted, considering I have been gifting myself all year lol.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:58 PM

I did not get any sewing things except a gift card from my DD for joanns but the best thing i had receved was a happy healthy family that came over and we had a great christmas eve dinner and the GK had a blast making my livingroom a good mess with all of the presents and rapping all over the place but loved it all the way have a great new year all
Old 12-27-2010, 03:46 PM

I got a Wii too! Well, it really was my gift! My adult children have had it all weekend!. I had to go back to work today and couldn't wait to come home and get started! They have all gone home now and it is all mine!:) That bubble balance IS tough, but fun! My favorite is table top tilt! I beat my 24 yr old daught at the Hula hoop and she is fit! Surprisingly, I am only 1 year older than my age!(must be a glitch).
I also received a Go Baby from my DH! Lotion, machine needles, wuilt needles, pins, pounce, makeup, Wii games, QS Gift card. my daughter gave us a gift card for dinner. my son gave me lotion and collage frame, my other son and DIL gave us a frame with a photo of their 4 month old baby in the womb! I am going to be a Grandma!
Then also gave me a shawl, chocolates and a blanket oh and a small pine tree. I still have gifts to trade with my sisters this week! The best gift of all was celebrating the Birth of Jesus with all my family around me! It was so sad to see them leave especially in this storm.
Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
I hit the motherlode this year... I got two necklaces, one from each son (okay, I bought them myself on Black Friday but hubby begged me to let the boys give them to me) some garden gnomes & two quilting books from my mom - 101 9 patch quilts by Marti Michell and Grandma's Best Full Size Quilt Blocks book that looks like it will come in handy...
I also scored a wii (finally after years of begging to get one) and the wii fit board. I'm going to pick up a few games on Amazon and in the stores this week.

Those are the highlights of my loot. I'm happy :)

Right, Left, Block... clank clank clank... Left Right Block.. I am digging the boxing. I am terrible at the bubble thing where you have to steer yourself down the river.... and sadly my wii fit age is 15 years older than I am so I have some serious work to do!! It's a goal of mine to look hot in a bikini by this fall when my sister gets married in Cancun... don't want to scare away the tourists ya know :D
Old 12-27-2010, 03:52 PM

For the last 3 or 4 years I've been exchanging quilty gifts with a friend I met online. This year I made her a pillow for her bedroom (she bought a new bed) and she sent me a wall hanging in wonderful colors that are SO ME! Exchanging gifts with my friend is one of the highlights of Christmas. I'm so excited to see what she made for me and to make something special for her. The funniest thing about this is that we've never met... never even talked on the phone. Someday we'll get together and won't that be fun!
Old 12-27-2010, 06:01 PM

Gift cards and cash! WooHooooooooooo.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:33 PM

DH bought me two six-week old Bospin puppies. My favorite gifts.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Randa
I got a TV for my sewing room!! I'm excited, but it was not needed...I have a TV in there...just cuz it's 20 years old or more..it still works! 2 scarves for the cold weather on my way to and from work, body wash, lotions, and gift cards..not to material stores, but to eat out! So when I go spend money at my favorite material store I (we) can eat out! LOL! I feel fortunate, not complaining at all!
Okay, now I'm gonna complain! I should have known!!! This man is so non-electric/gadget/computer skilled! He carried the TV up to the sewing room....REMOVED the other TV to set the new one up and guess what....he can't set it up...can't get the dish channels to scan...can't get the remote to work...now I have NO TV!!! Guess I won't be sewing for a while! Wish I had told him to return it right from the start and get me sewing things, or better yet...give me money and let me pick out sewing things! GRRR!!!!

There...feel better now...pulling myself up by the boot straps and remembering there are ladies who no longer have their husbands and would take one that buys dumb gifts. I apologize. I called my SIL and he will come and save the TV from my foot (through the screen!!) LOL! And the DH from my silent, thin lips! Good thing the DGD bought me a good book to read! Think I'll hit the hay!
Old 12-27-2010, 06:58 PM

DM bought me a beautiful Shark iron that was recommended to her by our LQS. It is all chrome and quite heavy. I hope it work out OK- have not heard good reviews of Shark irons, so I hope it works right. DH bought me a beautiful standing jewelry/lingerie cabinet.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:26 PM

BEST GIFT... even tough my husbands skin biopsies were cancerous, they are not melanomas! He is scheduled for removal.
My husband bought me a Babylock Shashiko and some clothes. My son and his wife gave us a beautiful pic of our grandsons and a dital picture frame(have been wanting one of those). I think we are receiving a large family portrait from the children when our daughter from Ohio comes....can hardly wait.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:27 PM

sorry spelling....even THOUGH not tough