Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas? >

OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas?

OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas?

Old 12-26-2010, 08:31 AM

I received a clock for my kitchen, a can opener ( wanted badly),an oak lazy susan for my kitchen table, some new rulers, a magnetic pin holder,quilt book, shirts from DD, a lot of candy :)cash from my MIL, and a wine stopper from my SIL. best of all my whole family healthy, happy , has roof over each and every head. we r blessed.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by LindaR
would someone explain the roku to me please
http://www.amazon.com/Roku-N1100-HD-.../dp/B001PIBE8I
Old 12-26-2010, 08:57 AM

I got fat quaters, Pjs, body lotion and stuff, framed photo's of our grandchildren, chocolates which I insist are only bought for me at Christmas, calendar and diary, new clothes, etc. and the best present we could ever wish for was spending Christmas Day with our 3 newly adopted little Grandchildren. That was something else !!!
Old 12-26-2010, 09:12 AM

Usually my husband and I buy one "big" thing that we both want for Christmas - but this year we split it up - he got a tractor (used), and I got a PE770 Embroidery machine (can use for quilts, too, right)? I am glad that he tipped me off to his thinking, what he was originally looking at wasn't nearly as nice as this. He then used his great culinary skills in the kitchen for Prime Rib and Yorkshire pudding - my favorite!! He loves to cook - and I will gladly clean the kitchen (yum)! I made the kitten a cat bed from fleece and flannel for a shelf in the family room book case and we know where to find her if we haven't seen her for awhile. All in all, it was very good, quiet and loving.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:18 AM

I got a TV for my sewing room!! I'm excited, but it was not needed...I have a TV in there...just cuz it's 20 years old or more..it still works! 2 scarves for the cold weather on my way to and from work, body wash, lotions, and gift cards..not to material stores, but to eat out! So when I go spend money at my favorite material store I (we) can eat out! LOL! I feel fortunate, not complaining at all!
Old 12-26-2010, 09:23 AM

Roku is a device that allows you to watch Streaming input from Netflix. You can get streaming or instant movies/tv shows etc. if you subscribe to Netflix. Roku allows it to come through on your tv instead of the computer. Now you can also use PS3, Wii and other gaming consoles to stream to your tv too. Also some of the newer DVD players have the capability to do the same thing. We bought that type DVD player for my DD b/c she had the Wii in her bdrm. and the DGS didn't have much room to play it. She likes to watch Netflix in bed. this way she could put the Wii in the living roomfor games and streaming and still watch it in her room.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:25 AM

My greatest gift was spending the day with our three daughters and their families. DH got me several things but in keeping with the quilting theme----new rotary blades. Two of the daughters each got me a box full of fat quarters. But must not forget that one son-in-law got tickets so we can all go to the bowl game in Orlando on Tuesday to see WV play.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:25 AM
tmw

Originally Posted by magpiefeather
I got a DRILL from my sister and I wanted it! Now I can drill holes in my wood crafts instead of finding someone to do it for me.
The best of course was my AccuQuilt Studio cutter! I'm waiting for dies and trays now!
who is that cute little baby,???
Old 12-26-2010, 09:43 AM

Too numerous to mention, but I got lots of things I didn't know I needed!!
Old 12-26-2010, 09:43 AM

I got not one but two e-readers, one from DH the other from DS. I also got a gift card for our local Marden's to buy material and an Amazon gift card to buy books for my Kindle.