Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas? >

OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas?

OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas?

Old 12-26-2010, 11:31 AM

I got a pair of mocassins that are so comfy, ear rings from my son, a revolving spice rack already filled with spices, a coffee cup with pictures of the grandkids on them and it says I love you Grammy! I have been blessed.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:03 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by threads57
We had a wonderful day and I got sew many wonderful gifts. My oldest daughter gave me a gift certificate from a clothing store. Second daughter gave me Fabricland giftcard and a quilt book called Creative Sewing Techniques by Machine. Son gave me a gift card to Chapters and a book called Redwork from the Workbasket by Rebecca Kemp Brent. My Mom gave me Quilts from Grandmothers Garden. My husband gave me the John Flynn quilting frame, several Kitchen-Aid items and money to get some feet for my machine.

My best present was my 8 year old grand daughter telling me that I give the best presents and how much she love what I made for her and her sisters.
wow, just reading along, and your family REALLY listens to what you like: all quilty stuff...slurrrrp! :-D
Old 12-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Dix
I got an African Goat. But it lives in Africa! It will sustain an African family with milk and cheese and ect. We spent the holiday with family about 100 miles away! DH and I have been doing alot of redecorating and do not need anything, in fact at our age we need to be cleaning out stuff. But he bought me a diamond knot necklace. I saw a 7 inch TV for his office! It is cute and I got that. Lots of little things from family and friends. Most of all love and respect for each others time and happiness!
wow, I've never heard about the african goat thing. What a nice gift.
Didn't know about those tiny tv's either. Do you have a website I can look at?
Sounds like your family puts thought into their gifts too! I love reading these. :-D
Old 12-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by pookie ookie
Nada. I only get gifts from the man during deployments. Army pays bupkis otherwise.

That said, I did somehow end up with EQ7, a sewing desk and cutting table. I wonder how that happened... ;0)
:thumbup:
Old 12-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
I received the best gift from a quilting board member. She posted a while back about her daughter only wanting one gift and it made me mad that my kids were so demanding of what they wanted (they have never been this way before) So this year I gave them the gift of giving. One of their gifts was the gift to the little girl and my oldest made a quilt her first to go with it. That changed her whole perspective on Christmas everyone was changed. The rest of the month of December was a life changing event for them. She no longer demanded any gifts from me and I have to say this was the BEST Christmas I have ever had with all of them. Even my 5 yo was more concerned about his sisters than he was with what santa bought him. My gift was seeing the change in all of my kids it was such a blessing!!
Great story! :-D
Old 12-26-2010, 12:16 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltingfan
Will join in all the festve responses. My DH bought me a back massager that you put on a chair. Since my back hurts quiet often it is a very special gift. One DD bought me a singer thread rack that you close it has the thread in it. ( One of the kids listened to me drool over all the thread in the magazines ) the other dd gave me some fuzzy socks and some nice perfume. and my son gave me a set of votive candles holder. Very nice. I love candles. Now God is sending us some snow. Only wish it had been 2 days ago since my Dh is suppose to have a heart procedure done tomorrow. I just want all this heart issue stuff to be over.
sending p's for you and your dh! Hope everything goes really well. If it's a heart cathertization, my dh has had one before. It's not bad, really. They do amazing things these days. hugs
Old 12-26-2010, 12:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SherryCat
I have you all beat! My 5 year old grand daughter is fighting cancer. Yesterday she had a wonderful day! Caitlyn was a very happy girl, she ate more than she has in days, she was smiling, which she hasn't done much since the diagnosis on 2 December. It was a glorious day for our family.
Your right! that's a wonderful present. Will say p's for Caitlyn and family. hugs to you all.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:20 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Camping Betty
My son made a DVD of all the home vidoes made at Christmas and put music to them.After dinner we put it on and watched the children grow up from babies to being mothers and fathers
then my Son saw my fabric in the sewing room and said he was glad he didn't buy fabric lol
That is a fantastic gift, but silly son! doesn't the rest of the world, know we can never have too much fabric, lol? :lol:
Old 12-26-2010, 12:33 PM
Power Poster

ok...Santa decided dh needed a pc bc his wife doesn't stay home as much. She has been borrowing DD's pc most of this year.
DD and her hubby got DH and I a gift card for a really nice restaurant, and it is a long sweet story there, so very meaningful gift.
Other dd and her hubby gave me a Mia Bella candle...those are REALLY nice! and her baby helped pick out a snowman musical/animated table decoration with a cup of hot chocolate sporting two dancing and singing marshmallows...so cute!!!
and they sound like the mice on Babe!" ;)
Third dd gave us a skype thingy, so we can see our grandbabies when we talk to them! Yippee!
There were other various small things, like chocolates and fabrics...yes, yes, yes!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
and although many things came earlier in the year, I had the warmth of friendships, old and new to see me through some times this year and I have a very grateful heart for that!!! :-D
Old 12-26-2010, 12:42 PM

My husband got me a car starter for Christmas, a movie that I wanted and a couple of computer games....then my birthday is tomorrow and he let me open one gift in the pile today!!!! What was it? You ask???? A Simplicity Bias Tape Maker....Woo Hoo, the fastest binding I ever made....Love it.