Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas? >

OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas?

OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas?

Old 12-26-2010, 12:46 PM

2 Joanne's gift cards, pair of warm slippers,scones mix and blueberry jam and in our name DD and SIL gave a goat and chickens to a family in Africa (through World Vision)....I think that was the gift that touched me the most. Birthday is in Jan and DH is encouraging me to go look for a new sewing machine, Was a blessing to be with family in DD's new home, new baby and the Pastor and his family came over for desert. SIL was the only one who thought to invite them for Christmas desert. It was a wonderful day...full of blessings. My oldest GS's first question was ..."Please, tell me you got me soemthing other than clothes. " I did finish the baby's quilt and I hope it was well received...and will keep him warm. It is freezing here in NH. God Bless us all!!
Old 12-26-2010, 12:56 PM

I had a splendid day with my son Matthew and his dog Chopper. My daughter Jamie and her husband were there with our granddaughter Chloe who is 2. DH gave me a present, we don't usually exchange gifts. My under the counter radio/cd player went kaput..to my surprise he gave me a dvd/cd/radio/flat screen tv to replace the old one. Now I can get rid of the tv on the counter. Then...My son and daughter and son in law gave me a car! My son in laws father passed away a few weeks ago. He was an only child, so inherited everything. One of the things was a rather new cadilac. So, the three kids went together and put new tires on it, had some work done to it, inspected and had it detailed. It was a thank you for all the things that I do for them. I cried all day..such wonderful children..I do for them because they are my world. I am so blessed with a wonderful family. Spending the day with them is all I ever need.
Peace and blessings,
Old 12-26-2010, 01:27 PM

I got a chocolate Lab puppy. My old Lab died this past summer.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:32 PM

My mother gave me an old mantel clock that dad fixed before he died 2 yrs ago and a grandfather clock that is about 200 yaers old. They both work. Dad loved working on those old clocks. They mean a lot to me.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:56 PM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Lucky me, I received just what I really, REALLY wanted (in terms of stuff):

fuzzy socks
not one but TWO jars of marascino cherries
serious all-leather gauntlet gloves for when I prune roses and blackberry bushes
and a smart phone that will take me months to learn to use, but which should be a marvelous tool.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:00 PM

I got a TV for my sewing room and an IPod - now I just need a refrigerator and I can stay in my sewing room for days. mmmmm I wonder if that was the plan?????
Old 12-26-2010, 02:29 PM

I got some neat gifts too! My kids know what I like to do and help my addiction. Joann's gift card, a quilt plaque for my wall and really neat- a Bow Tucks bag! I gave my DIL the pattern to make several for gifts and offered whatever she wanted in my stash. She took some Penn State fabric and I have a bag with my favorite team!

I also got a very nice gift card from a local jewelry store from hubby, some neat teas and tea maker, Penn State chip and dip holder, some kitchen towels, candy. Add in a gift card to Olive Garden and I'm set.

And- a Miche bag. It has a black base and dd picked a real neat leather to snap on. I will definitely get a lot of use with this!

I actually carry 2 bags- a purse for work and my bag of necessities. So it is a great Christmas!
Old 12-26-2010, 02:55 PM

My DH gave me a beautiful necklace and a dvd movie and a cd of the Beatles. My DD and son in law gave me a sewing basket (the latch broke on my old one) and a book in a serries that I love and a gift card so my DH and I can go out for supper! My youngest DD came today with pictures of our grandson. Both my parents were able to be here with us yesterday. Both are getting older and their health is going downhill but they were able to come and spend Christmas with us.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:08 PM

My son gave me a stereo that looks like an old time radio. It's in a wooden case and has a turntable, cd player, radio and I can hook my iphone to it to record music or play music...how great is that? My sister also have me a red wire basket full of scented soaps and bath salts and aloe socks! But best of all, my sister, my son, my brother and his friend spent Christmas day at my home! I feel blessed. It was a good day.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:26 PM

I got a Digital Picture frame, Gift certificates from 5 resturants for dinner and the most precious gift of all....a video from our Children back home. Hopefully the link works if you want to Watch it here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUh0iyzZD6A