Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas? >

OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas?

OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas?

Old 12-26-2010, 05:32 AM

gift card for JoAnns, Susan Boyles cd The Gift, and a book from son's family of Maverick's pictures..... from birth to about 10 months.....
Old 12-26-2010, 05:43 AM

a gas fireplace type stove that looks like an old cast iron one. love it!
Old 12-26-2010, 06:02 AM

Gift cards-some beautiful batik fabrics -chocolates--lots of hugs from grandkids and the new great grandson. DH and I do not exchange Christmas gifts. Just get what we need when we need it, so Christmas may be in July. Seems like there is always something during the year that we really would like, but just do not feel good about spending the $$, so that becomes our Christmas gift. Its worked for 44 years so far.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:05 AM

Sounds like everyone one did well. :-)
I got mine before my brother left for Hawaii to spend time with his boys and their familys. He bought me a computer with a 23 inch monitor. Its going in my sewing room so I can watch TV Netflix listen to music etc. Everything. Plus bless him he took me in. And let me take over 2 out of 3 of his bedrooms. One for a quilt room and one for a bedroom.
I got him a vintage barometer shaped like a ships wheel and a chili cook book that his ex ran off with. Well I thought it was anyway . It was a Marlboro chili cookbook. But I got the small one with 50 recipes and he use to have the bigger one with less recipes. Well I will just keep looking on ebay. Yesterday was very quiet just he and I . We went to see the lights on the boardwalk. Very cool.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:10 AM

A wonderful dinner at my son's, all my family was here, a great gift certificate from my brother and a gift certificate to Barnes and noble from my other son. Lovely candle from my 6 yr old granddaughter. just being together was all I needed
Old 12-26-2010, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieH
From DH, a radio (can't do without Radio 4 when I'm sewing), Kaffe F book, from son Cotton Patch vouchers (yay), thornton chocolates (seem to be half gone, oops).
Annie
I listen to 4 as well. Being in Canada I have to use the computer. Want a set of wireless speakers to put in my sewing room to make listening easier!
Old 12-26-2010, 06:24 AM

Will join in all the festve responses. My DH bought me a back massager that you put on a chair. Since my back hurts quiet often it is a very special gift. One DD bought me a singer thread rack that you close it has the thread in it. ( One of the kids listened to me drool over all the thread in the magazines ) the other dd gave me some fuzzy socks and some nice perfume. and my son gave me a set of votive candles holder. Very nice. I love candles. Now God is sending us some snow. Only wish it had been 2 days ago since my Dh is suppose to have a heart procedure done tomorrow. I just want all this heart issue stuff to be over.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:39 AM

DH gave be a beautiful diamond (little one!) necklace, a new wool coat with a hood (great for playground duty days at school), and my Nook. DS and DIL gave me the gift of a donation in my name to oppressed women in another country (and, YES, I was very touched), my other 2 daughters gave me more Willow Creek figurines for my Nativity, a couple DVDs, new gloves and a bag with various quilting things: a couple new rulers, some thread, pins, needles, and a gift cert for a class at the LQS I frequent. Only the kids exchange gifts at my husband's family Christmas (which was yesterday) and my family will not celebrate until later in the week. Oh, yes...we also have Wicked tickets for New Year's Eve. A very nice Christmas! I only need to exchange my Nook...DH did not realize that I wanted the 3G+WiFi one. We will do that after church today.

And, I am thinking we may buy a Keurig with the cash my FIL gave us. I broke the carafe to our pot this week and people really seem to like the Keurigs! May do that today, as well.

It seems we go a bit 'overboard' at Christmas but we are pretty frugal througout the year. Our children have learned over the years to be very 'wise' consumers and to take care of what they have. Our Christmas is not nearly as lavish as some of our friends', however, I know it does seem that way to other people. We do always buy for a needy family in our community (through our church program) and that gives all of us as much joy as our own gifts! Merry Christmas to all of you!
Old 12-26-2010, 06:43 AM

My DD and DGK have shown me once again how much I mean to them. Gave them presents but don't come up to the standard of what my DD got them. When all over and done..Well, nothing for me.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:47 AM

I have you all beat! My 5 year old grand daughter is fighting cancer. Yesterday she had a wonderful day! Caitlyn was a very happy girl, she ate more than she has in days, she was smiling, which she hasn't done much since the diagnosis on 2 December. It was a glorious day for our family.