Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas? >

OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas?

OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas?

Old 12-25-2010, 09:18 PM

Nada. I only get gifts from the man during deployments. Army pays bupkis otherwise.

That said, I did somehow end up with EQ7, a sewing desk and cutting table. I wonder how that happened... ;0)
Old 12-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Kas

Earrings to match the ring I got at Thanksgiving!
Old 12-25-2010, 09:39 PM

I received the best gift from a quilting board member. She posted a while back about her daughter only wanting one gift and it made me mad that my kids were so demanding of what they wanted (they have never been this way before) So this year I gave them the gift of giving. One of their gifts was the gift to the little girl and my oldest made a quilt her first to go with it. That changed her whole perspective on Christmas everyone was changed. The rest of the month of December was a life changing event for them. She no longer demanded any gifts from me and I have to say this was the BEST Christmas I have ever had with all of them. Even my 5 yo was more concerned about his sisters than he was with what santa bought him. My gift was seeing the change in all of my kids it was such a blessing!!
Old 12-25-2010, 11:15 PM

I had Christmas today with my boyfriends family and it seems they really went overboard this year. They said it was combo Christmas and Graduation gifts. I got a couple gift cards and some money. Real diamond earrings, GPS for my car (from my bf-he gets tired of me always getting lost), a zip up sweater, a cookie tray and ceramic duck flower vase from his grandma, a small Coach wrist bag, a leather planner and some teaching materials from his sister and bil, that's all I can remember right now. Tomorrow I will have Christmas with my sisters, their families, and my stepdad. We usually just buy for the kids-we can't afford a lot. My stepdad is making us shortbread cookies-our favorite present we wait for every year. Then sometime later this week we will go to see the rest of my family. We usually just exchange Christmas cards and maybe a Christmas picture. My family doesn't have a lot of money so we mostly get together to enjoy the company and have a nice dinner together. Christmas is one of my favorite holidays because I like to see everybody. But, it does get tiring having to run around to 5 or 6 places every year.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:49 AM

From DH, a radio (can't do without Radio 4 when I'm sewing), Kaffe F book, from son Cotton Patch vouchers (yay), thornton chocolates (seem to be half gone, oops).
Annie
Old 12-26-2010, 12:54 AM

My parents gave everyone a GC to a restaurant so we can all go to eat together as a family!

My older sister gave me a mug and plaque with part of the Footprints poem.

My younger sister gave me a snowman ornament made from yo-yo's. She is not a quilter/sewer so I think she got these from a craft place. I like it and it is on my tree already.

My grandmothers gave us cards and money. My maternal grandmother also made each of us a snowflake ornament that is crocheted.

My DH gave me two sweaters and a long sleeved shirt. I specifically asked for this type of gift. He also gave me a THREE cd with an insert that has the history and pictures of the greatest band in the world! JOURNEY!!! LOL (I forgot to bring this to work with me! DARN) hahaha

DH's step sister had us over for dinner after I got up from sleeping.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Kyia
Old 12-26-2010, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by morelcabin
a pair of thigh high, high heeled boots ( I always called them hooker boots but I love them) LOL!
I would love them too! I think my DH would also! ;-) ;-) Though I don't know if I could walk very well in them.

Kyia
Old 12-26-2010, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by Cyn
A keurig coffee/tea maker from my parents, awesome shoes from one daughter and a crystal serving dish that i've been wanting and a long sleeve golf shirt from my baby daughter's school (she goes to the same university I graduated from!)
Best Gift Ever: Word that the doctors got all my brother's cancer last week :) Whew! I stayed with him last week in the hospital especially at night to give his wife help and it was a long hard week for him (I'm kinda tired and achy too!) My 2 girls and hubby went and stayed with my parents to help out. We had to come home Thursday because we all ended up with pretty bad colds and needed to get away from them.
I rattled on too long but it was a good day!
So happy for you and your brother. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 12-26-2010, 02:55 AM

I received the Provo Craft Yudu screen printer, I cant wait to print some fabric for quilting....
Old 12-26-2010, 02:56 AM

DH, who's a wonderful hubby but not really into buying gifts, surprised me this year! :mrgreen:

He'd gone grocery shopping, and little did I know that he'd bought more than groceries. When he came back home, he disappeared into the bedroom and told me not to come in there. Hmmm.

A little while later, he emerged with three carefully-wrapped gifts! :mrgreen:

He wanted me to open them right then. I chose the big square flat one. Three rulers! A 12-1/2" one, a 9-1/2" one, and a 6-1/2" one. Yay! :thumbup:

Then I opened another gift. Two Snickers candy bars! :lol:

Then I picked up the third gift. It was very heavy for its size (about the size of a paperback book), and had a WEIRD rattle to it. Thud! Thud! I kind of guessed what the rulers were, but I had no earthly idea about this one! So I opened it, and inside was a bar of soap and a weird metal nozzle-looking thing. Huh? ;-)

It was a trick. He used the soap and metal nozzle to make the box heavy and rattly, so I couldn't figure out what was in it! LOL! I took them out, and underneath them was a piece of cardboard that said "Under here". I turned the cardboard over, and it was the label for a humongous new cutting mat! He'd hidden the mat in the closet and (understandably) didn't want to try to wrap it. So he wrapped the label instead! Hee hee! The mat is 36" x 24", and is double-sided. It's gigantic! :thumbup:

He did good! :D

My mom and sister got me some gift cards, some perfume, some fun-colored ink pens, and some other little goodies. :) My dad is supposed to come over this afternoon. He usually gives us money, which is awesome too! :-D

My mom also gave me a "gift" that really made my day. My grandmother (her mother) passed away earlier this year. Granny was a wonderful, creative, generous woman, always sewing, crocheting, and making things for people. Momma saw all the quilts and stuff I'd made, and told me I was just like Granny ... a huge, huge compliment. :mrgreen: (Truth be known, I could never fill Granny's shoes, but I really appreciated the compliment nonetheless!)