Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas? >

OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas?

OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas?

Old 12-26-2010, 03:22 AM

I received a citrus juicer and cook book from DH, a necklace and a nice hand cream from DD, a ceramic jug, a kitchen aid chopper/mincer thingy and a Kitchen Aid cookbook from DS, a new square ruler and some fabric pieces from a friend, another friend made me a nice large ceramic house number, then the biggie from my parents which was a Horizon memory craft 7700 sewing machine. Have been quite spoilt this Christmas

:oops:
Old 12-26-2010, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by vhiggason
I got an Accuquilt Studio with three die sets, a phone call from a best friend, a phone call from Daughter GD and GGD and GS.
I got a "Go Baby" from my DD&SIL. wind chimes and candy from some of the grand children. Haven't seen my 2 sons yet. That will be Christmas all over again.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:35 AM

I got some nice things, no seing items, massage slippers, a heating throw, audio books, 3 regular books, a series of shirlock holmes old radio series! great listening to while quilting or crocheting or other things I am doing around the house

so I will enjoy all I got

and time with my sons, spent a lovely day with sons and one of my son girlfriend, had a lovely lunch which she cooked, everything was great, now snow on the ground, can call it a close to a White Christmas in a very long time. weatherman said 1969(at least here in NC) :-D
Old 12-26-2010, 03:55 AM

Quality time with my folks, brother, sister and her family.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:28 AM

What is a ROKO?
Old 12-26-2010, 04:28 AM

What is a ROKO?
Old 12-26-2010, 04:33 AM

Of course I got myself my wonderful new garbage disposal because the old one committed suicide last weekend. I also got a wonderful repaired dog via ACL surgery. My kids (3 sons & 1 daughter) got me a new Panasonic digital camera, and a great group photo of my 6 grandkids together. My middle son and DIL gave me a gift card for Joanns and a cute plaque for the wall in my sewing room. Grandsons that I ferried all over the place gave me 2 $50 giftcards for Sunoco. My dear neighbor gave me my yearly Amaryllis and a gift card for Bonefish Grille, where she works. Probably one of the best things was that my youngest son (a bachelor who lived with me for 5 years before buying a house a couple miles down the road) came first at about 10 AM. We got to have a nice visit before every one else came. Seems he had been very sick with MRSA and I didn't even know it. So I am happy to know he is finally well and happy.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:48 AM

I got a DRILL from my sister and I wanted it! Now I can drill holes in my wood crafts instead of finding someone to do it for me.
The best of course was my AccuQuilt Studio cutter! I'm waiting for dies and trays now!
Old 12-26-2010, 05:02 AM

I got my new sewing machine - a Brother SQ9000. A Sony e-Reader touch. A ROLEX watch!!!! My father in law is in Afghanistan and was home for his leave, so we celebrated early...he got me 5 (or 6?) pashminas (large woven scarf/wrap - I use them to carry the baby), and a pink pearl multi strand bracelet...and a mixer...one of those stand ones.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:05 AM

I got a new LA in June and considered that my birthday and Christmas presents for this year and many more to follow. However, DH got me a new iphone 4; DD & SIL got me 'little Hotties hand and toe warmers' (in case we have a Winter like the last one-I sure hope not; DS & DIL gave us Wine & Cheese gift (yummy-sip,sip); DGS's gave me pictures on canvas of us with them from when they were here visiting in October; Santa gave us a new TV for our exercise room (as if I'm wasting my time exercising when I can be quilting); but, the best gift was from my 10yr old grandson, which was a heart, hand quilted on a 4x4 block complete with batting and backing, that he had made at school.