View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 10:30 AM
Bonita1

If you will be in south central/southeastern Pennsylvania, there are 2 outlets called "Pennsylvania Fabric Outlet": the larger is at 415 Bosler Ave. Lemoyne, PA just west of Harrisburg and the other is at 2460 New Holland Pike (Rt. 23) just east of Lancaster. Both have lots of trims, buttons and various notions plus a variety of fabrics, all at a good discount. In and around Lancaster County there are many quilting fabric shops & most have areas of very nice bargain fabric within the shops. I think especially of Cedar Lane Dry Goods near New Holland and The Quilt and Fabric Shack on Route 340 between Intercourse and Bird-in-Hand who consistently have quite a good bargain selection, plus the prices to begin with are very reasonable compared to many other areas of the US! ( We're very spoiled here :) ) About 15 minutes farther east in the vilage of Goodville, "Obies" store is chock full of (Lancaster Co. full price) fabrics & across the road there is a rather new fabric outlet well worth visiting which has nice discount cottons and other fabrics, including wool, some notions & other findings which varied each time I have been there.
As a rather new quiter, I have learned so much from the Quilter's Message Board and I'm glad to be able to contribute a bit by answering this question. Hope this helps and happy shopping -- Bonnie