View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 10:31 AM
deema

Originally Posted by thepolyparrot
This thread is sad.

The seller hasn't cheated anyone - she simply made a judgement call that didn't go the right way for this particular buyer.

Like I said, somewhere else a buyer in the exact same scenario will be angry with the seller for not going ahead and shipping the order short a half-yard!

Good grief, so many people wanting to leave negative feedback over something so small and completely insignificant! Negative feedback is for serious transgressions, not tiny little errors in judgement like this.

How many of us are 100% perfect ALL the time? This is dismaying, to say the least.
Sad? How so? Would you feel the same way if it were clothing? Say you ordered a large and were shipped a small...because "that's what I have" without the seller inquiring as to whether that is ok with you. I see this as no different. The customer has the right to get what they order or be notified if that specific order is unavailable.

The bottom line is that it is poor business practice to *assume* that anything other than what the customer ordered will be ok with the customer.

As for it not going the right way for "this particular buyer"...I am this buyer and never said that. I said that it bothered me that I wasn't notified before shipping. Even if another customer might prefer that she go ahead and ship the short cut, that customer still has the right to the choice. Me personally, I *would* have told her to go ahead and ship the shortage. But my choice was taken away.

Does it warrant flat out negative feedback? Perhaps not, but a mistake was made and the seller should be held accountable for it in some way. As her customer on ebay, the feedback I give is the way I can make that happen.