View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 04:50 PM
cathyvv

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 20 years ago. I was in a lot of pain, worked all week, came home on evenings and weekends and cleaned and did all the 'stuff' that needed to be done. And then there were the kids...

Mind you, DH had his own set of 'stuff' that needed to be done - lawn, house maintenance, car maintenance. He was already doing his share.

Finally, after months of this routine, I said to my husband, "Darling, I can either work (for money) or I can clean and take care of the house. I can't do both. You choose which one I do."

He chose me working; that was a good choice because of how much I was making. I told him to hire someone to clean the house once a week, but he didn't like the idea of a stranger in the house. So he took on housekeeping. I still had to cook and do dishes, but that was ok. He added laundry to his list of chores because his workshop shares space with the washer and dryer. He took over dusting because my allergies got really bad, dusting sets them off. And that's even with the allergy meds!

Now that we're retired, I have talked him into being my "Salad Man". He makes a good salad.

I am so lucky to have him!