Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Does Your Husband Help With Chores? >

Does Your Husband Help With Chores?

Does Your Husband Help With Chores?

Old 01-01-2011, 12:09 PM

Mine is great...but it's been a work in progress. Last summer (2009) I had two surgeries, back to back, and was on 12 weeks of bed rest/recovery. In the first week I realized that my husband had no idea how to clean a bathroom or how to use a toilet scrubber. He brought me my laptop and had me print out a list of all the chores I do on each day and walked him through them all from my recliner.

Now, he teaches our girls (we homeschool) their Wednesday lessons "so I could have a day of quilting all to myself" as he puts it. Throughout the week I teach while keeping the house cleaned and cooking so when he comes home he has nothing to do but relax and so he started the Wednesday routine, without being asked, to "show his appreciation and to feel more like he's a part of the kids' schooling." He does all of the cleaning for that day while teaching and cooking. If I'm sick he picks up the stuff I don't get to throughout the day. Then, on Sundays, we drop everything and have a family day with church and then family fun. My husband only has Wednesdays and Sundays off so for him to offer to take on the kids' school for that day was a real treasure for me. It's nice for me to have a day off too. :D
Old 01-01-2011, 12:43 PM

My hubby is a mechanic so anything mechanical around the house that needs fixing gets done. He will cook and take care of the boys if I need a break too. But the laundry and housework is all mine! I'm a stay-at-home mom so the house is my work lol :)