Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Does Your Husband Help With Chores? >

Does Your Husband Help With Chores?

Does Your Husband Help With Chores?

Old 12-30-2010, 02:32 PM

My DH is wonderful about doing what needs doing and not complaining about it. My health often does not permit me to do the simplest chores, and he just steps in and takes over. Cooking, cleaning, shopping... he will handle it all. And he doesn't complain about what doesn't get done either. I don't have anything to gripe about with him. So what if he doesn't do it just the way I would have. It gets done and that suits me just fine! I smile, give him a hug and say thank you.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:46 PM

My husband does nothing... NOTHING. but he bought a diamond necklace for me for Christmas... does that count? Sure it does (but I'm having him return it, I never have a place to wear it!). We've been married 40+ years, and he never has done anything. I tell people that I've never told him where the pots and pans are, so he can't cook, can he? I'll keep him anyway, in every other area he's as good as they come!
Old 12-30-2010, 05:57 PM

In answer to your question, "Does Your Husband Help With Chores?"............... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
:lol: :roll:
ROFL
LMBO
and my own acronym for "Ha! You have GOT to be kidding!" = HYHGTBK!!!!
Old 12-30-2010, 06:18 PM

My hubby is good at laundry and that is about it. He has such severe allergies to grass that I do all the mowing, 3 acres of it! LOL But, he doesn't do much else. He is an over the road truck driver so he really isn't home much.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:36 PM
Power Poster

He helped when I was working, I retired June 2nd and he still does something, especially in the winter, summers the yard work keeps him busy, so he doesn't help as much. He is nearing 70 and the energy isn't what it use to be. He cooks breakfast every weekend. I am happy for all the help I get.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:10 AM

My husband thinks that because he takes out the trash, mows (which in IL is about 6 months out of year) and changes the oil in my car has done his part. :o/ It gets frustrating doing all the rest...
Old 12-31-2010, 10:24 AM

Since my husband retired, he will do some chores that were formerly "mine". He discovered , of all things, the swiffer lol. Everyday after breakfast he runs the swiffer in the kitchen, foyer, and on the hardwood floor in FR. He will also vaccum the house once a week. I LOVE IT. He takes care of the outside work, which I HATE.

He also will load the dishwasher after dinner.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:55 AM

I've really enjoyed reading this thread. So many of you ladies are very fortunate to have a husband who is actually helpful. Then there are those who have husbands who "try" and they do the job (but just not up to our particular standards), but that is okay - they are trying. Then there are husband's like the original poster - who ask "how do I do this" (is it because they are hoping we will get frustrated & do it ourselves *or* they just do not retain information - because it is probably the 25th time they have asked the same question???
But my big question is this ladies - my hubby retired 4 years ago and doesn't do housework. I have been unable to work for the last 15years because of health issues, but I have to do housework or it doesn't get done (which happens more often than not-at least he doesn't complain..) BUT - when do I get to retire??? I figure we are all still employed - doing housework! lol!
Old 01-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Power Poster

When the kids got to be teens they did all the housework for their allowance, car privileges, etc. If they didn't want to clean then no allowance or use of the car. Their choice. They learned real fast how to keep the house clean by not making a mess to clean up. When they went to college DH does all the yard, car, house maint. I do the house cleaning. We both do laundry and cooking. He does part of the grocery shopping and all the bill paying.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by marmalade
I've really enjoyed reading this thread. So many of you ladies are very fortunate to have a husband who is actually helpful. Then there are those who have husbands who "try" and they do the job (but just not up to our particular standards), but that is okay - they are trying. Then there are husband's like the original poster - who ask "how do I do this" (is it because they are hoping we will get frustrated & do it ourselves *or* they just do not retain information - because it is probably the 25th time they have asked the same question???
But my big question is this ladies - my hubby retired 4 years ago and doesn't do housework. I have been unable to work for the last 15years because of health issues, but I have to do housework or it doesn't get done (which happens more often than not-at least he doesn't complain..) BUT - when do I get to retire??? I figure we are all still employed - doing housework! lol!
Hire a maid service for day or week and when he sees the bill he will probably start helping if he realizes how much there needs to be done to do to maintain a standard of cleanness that you won't do it all when he is able to do half of it.