View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 08:39 AM
Airwick156

I can soooo understand where you are coming from. About 5 years ago I was working in a Nursing home on the Oregon Coast. There were about 70 of us employees. I was one of the Cooks. Anyways, I decided to make Christmas stockings for all of the employees. I made 95 in total just in case the company hired new employees before Christmas so they wouldnt be left out. They were all about 16 inches long, padded with Warm and Natural and embellished with bells and bows and stuff like that. I gave them to our boss to pass out. The company was giving out Gift Cards. So they put in a gift card, fill it up with fruit, candy, nuts. Most people would be appreciative you would think. But later on that afternoon, one of the Nurses came to the kitchen with an arm ful of Stockings that I had made. She found them in various Garbage cans. I was so heartbroken because they were very very nice. It wasnt only my own money that I spent to make them that bothered me, I wanted to do it. But just the fact that some people just don't appreciate what others do for them. Never again did I do that again. I learned my lesson. But those that did appreciate them and the work that I put into them, thanked me many times over.