View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 09:38 AM
owie

Sorry you got that type of response. That is very, very rude and I would have been forced to tell them so. Several years ago DH and I spent a lot of money on a lazyboy recliner for his father. He was about 80 years old at the time. He gave us such a hard time over it and I seriously thought he was joking so I gave it right back to him and told him he was being extremely ungrateful because we wer thinking of him because he could not lay down to sleep. We thought he would be more comfortable sleeping in the lazyboy. When we returned later he apologixed for being so nasty. I told him that frankly I thought he was joing and he said he was not but thought better of being so nasty. He turned out to love the chair and was so grateful for it. He passed away sitting in it. I have an extremely hard time dealing with people who are nasty about things that are given to them. I would have taken them back and would not be talking to them for a few months. I was always taught to be grateful for everything that was given to me. People get on my nerves so bad with their ingrateful attitudes and I let them know about it every chance I get. I may be rude but they are ruder. People should learn to accept the gift and be gracious about it, regardless whether they like it or not.