View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 10:48 AM
owie

My greadchildren aged 5 and 7 are with me this week. They are begging for another quilt. I may be an old meanie but I asked them where the quilt was that I made for them for Christmas 2 years ago. I have pictures of them on their stockings hanging on the fireplace. I told them to go home and ask their mother where she put them and why they cannot use them. I know they are not using them because I was in their house, their house is decorated for Christmas and the quilts are nowhere in sight. I have more fabric to make them everyday quilts and I told them that but they must use their other quilt also. I will be telling her what they asked me for and asking her where the other quilts are. My quilts are not of heirloom quality. They are made to use and love and can be thrown out if they get torn up. I may be an old Scrooge but I can tell you one thing if I ever bought something for a loved one and they returned it or complained about it it would be a cold day in.... before they ever got another thing from me. I am not mean but this is one of my pet peeves. As a child we got and orange and a big peppermint candy cane for Christmas and just maybe a peice of clothing. This is why I have the opinion that I have. People have entirely too much these days. It just burdens me to think of how people would react if they truly did have literally nothing. No food, no house, no change in clothing and nowhere to aly their head at night to rest. Many people do not have these necessities. Off my band wagon now.