View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 03:47 PM
ptquilts

I have been reading a lot about people being unappreciative of home-made gifts. Someone said, how are you supposed to feel when someone gives you something you don't want or like.
Well you can FEEL anyway you want. How you ACT is something else. There is no excuse for a reaction that makes the giver feel bad. Maybe you won't jump up and down and holler, but you can say, sincerely, wow, this is very nice - thank you so much for making it for me. Most people have enough acting ability to make it convincing.

I can't believe I am hearing about people saying, is this what you got me, not saying anything and putting it aside, etc. Who brought these people up? Is this what we are coming to -- it's all about ME ME ME - if I didn't get what I want I will make sure everyone knows it.
If I had ever acted that way my mother would have killed me. I am gathering from these threads that it is mostly the younger people who react this way. I think something is missing in their upbringing. And I think some older people are catching this attitude too.