View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 07:02 PM
barbsbus

When I do craft fairs I usually have a hands on for the kids at my booth, like painting their own spinning whizzer top (thin plywood disk that I drilled four holes and put a strong string through the holes and taught the kids how to make it spin. While the kids paint the disks the parents purchase they look at the other things in my booth. I usually try to have a project that doesn't cost more than $2.00 for the kids, have smocks to cover their clothes if they are painting (My old shirts I put on them so I button them up their backs) One year I had the kids paint walnut shells. I pryied the walnuts open and removed the meats, then put the shells into a clorox solution, rinsed them and dried them and then glued the shells back together and sanded the flat end so they sat up right. I had cut out paper feet from felt and cardboard and the kids painted the nuts to look like characters and then we glued the feet on them when the paint was dry. Also made nuts to be Christmas tree decorations with a loop of ribbom glued in halves. I had glitter and sequins and paint and glue for the kids. They loved it. The years I had the walnut crafts I also sold walnut meats and candied walnuts along with my other crafts. We had a walnut orchard at the time. I try to figure out a different craft each show. The kid's crafts section of my booth usually pays for the booth rent and what I sell at the other section is my profit.