Thread: Tieing a quilt
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 10:57 PM
cheryl rearick

My grandma taught me to use 2 by 2's (4) and (4) C clamps, If you have chairs to use lay towels over them, lay 2 by 2's clamp, Tack backing all the way around with sm tacks, add batting of choice, lay top, start at one end row by row and pin. then tie and as you complete a roll, roll it under and re- clamp. (smile) grannie's way. She used yarn, now days I use yarn or embroidery thread. Granny also said when you bring yarn up make sure abt 1/4 inch seperates the down from up, or can tear material in time. If I was doing a big quilt, I would still do it this way, If only a single I use my sewing table. Every one has their special way it works for them. The thread is nice as you can match it to your material, I like yarn on denim. If cotton batting, she would tie abt every 4 inches, if pollyfill abt every 6 inches. again I guess it's what we are use not, my granny and I had fun quiling. :) And RitaCarl, you have fun with yours, I like the looks of (tacking) lol as granny use to say. :) maybe get a friend, it will go fast. We use to take pins out after finishing a row before rolling. :) Hey ladies, is this book long enough. hha.....