View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 06:38 AM
jad1044

I have a quilt box full of quilts made by my dml - and some packed in the closet - and all in need of getting out and refolding again - I do this about once a year - and no way will ever use all of them - many are just remembrances of her - and at 92 she is still quilting - one just more beautiful than the one before.. and now I come along with making quilts - I have none to show for that I have made - have given all away to family and friends so far. I want to make what I call the flower garden shadow box quilt for myself one day - made that for my nephew who is an avid flower grower - and he just loved it - his wife says it is way too hot for her to sleep under, but he loves it. I have made quilts for the babys and I never took pictures or kept records of how many I made; one day I might set down and try to think back and put it in a record book - I have pictures of recent wedding quilts and baby quilts but over the years, I'd make the tied style of baby comforters, and those were so appreciated by mothers who had winter babys.