Old 12-29-2010, 08:37 AM
DJRustic

My daughter was born as the 1st girl in 1966. I was in labor (hard) for over 48 hrs. Back then all they could say was keep on pushing. Yeah right. My room flooded, water in bath broke, had to move me. I had 15 min to go & they were going to do a C-section. Nurses got on top of my stomach & pushed. She was born almost 9 lb. with a broken collar bome. I then hemorraged & went into shock. Had to have 3 pts. of blood. What a mess. Then the paper came that morn to take pictures, like I really wanted to. Anyway that is without a doubt the worst picture of me. She gets it out & says boy what I put you through. She was our #3, went on to have 3 more.We have 20 grandkids now. All of our kids weighed over 9 & 10 lbs. One son was 17" around head & shoulders. I am not a big gal either. I was a 6 to 8 then. Plus I have RH-negative blood. Don't know how I did it. The last three were only 11 mon apart. We had 6 kids in 9 yrs. They are all a blessing today. Don't know if I would do it over though. Paying the price with my body today. Donna, The Rustic Quilter