Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: my son was born New Years eve Anyone else?

I was so happy he came before the new year so we could get the full tax deduction he 28 this year

Blog Entries
    My brother was born New Years Day a long, long, time ago:)

Blog Entries
    I'm a New Year's baby...late in the day so no prizes.

No, but my youngest son was born on Feb. 14.....he is a sweetheart.....will be 40 2011

My grandma was a New Year baby. She said everyone gave her a party. I don't think they had tax deductions then.

My youngest son was born 11:49 on Dec. 30th. He will be 27 this year.

My nephew will be 19 this New Year's Eve!

Blog Entries
    No new year babies here, But my daughter is July 4 (Independent Day) and my son is Nov, 30 which was Thanksgiving day back then, mine is Mothers day and my fathers is Oct 31 so he is our goblin!! lol!! We just love Holiday!

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My youngest son was the New Year's Baby in our county 15 years ago. Just so you understand how small we are, I'll tell you he was born January 3!

We got lots of prizes and every year in the last newspaper of the year, they publish a list of New Year's babies since 1930. I guess he can be sure he'll make the paper at least once a year.

My borther was born New Years Day as is my 2nd daughter's boyfirend.

Not my son but DGS born on New Year's Eve. This will be his first birthday party on Friday.

My cousin was born on New Years eve.
    Our grandpa was born on Christmas. Our grandpa shared his b-day with 2 sisters all 3 born on the same day in different years.
    This same grandpa had a little girl, my mother, born on the 4th of July.
    My mom had my brother on Christmas.
    This same brother had my niece on Thanksgiving.
    Me, well its not a holiday but I haven't heard of anyone else graduating from high school on their b-day.

Blog Entries
    nope, mine came the 27th after a full week of labor pains!!!

I'm an Eve baby, but it was a lot more than 28 years ago. tee hee

Blog Entries
    My DS was due Jan 3th but blessed us by coming into the world on December 23rd. Yes, not having to wait another year for a tax deduction was great.
    However, I think he would rather have had his birthday a little further away from Christmas :D:D:D

My daughter was born as the 1st girl in 1966. I was in labor (hard) for over 48 hrs. Back then all they could say was keep on pushing. Yeah right. My room flooded, water in bath broke, had to move me. I had 15 min to go & they were going to do a C-section. Nurses got on top of my stomach & pushed. She was born almost 9 lb. with a broken collar bome. I then hemorraged & went into shock. Had to have 3 pts. of blood. What a mess. Then the paper came that morn to take pictures, like I really wanted to. Anyway that is without a doubt the worst picture of me. She gets it out & says boy what I put you through. She was our #3, went on to have 3 more.We have 20 grandkids now. All of our kids weighed over 9 & 10 lbs. One son was 17" around head & shoulders. I am not a big gal either. I was a 6 to 8 then. Plus I have RH-negative blood. Don't know how I did it. The last three were only 11 mon apart. We had 6 kids in 9 yrs. They are all a blessing today. Don't know if I would do it over though. Paying the price with my body today. Donna, The Rustic Quilter

Blog Entries
    My dad was born on Dec 31. We always had a birthday/new year's party. He passes away on Dec 6 just shy of his 61'st birthday 20 years ago this month. I miss him dearly.

My new grandson Colton was due on Dec 31st. My mom was hoping he would be born on my dad's bd. My son named him after my dad Leo as the baby is Colton Leo.

I have a daughter whose birthday is today. A brother who was a New Year's Eve baby. I was born on my grandparents anniversary and was their first grandchild.

Blog Entries
    I have a niece Dec 30th and a nephew- Dec 31st ( different parents)

For the nephew my brother was in the labor room keeping an eye on the clock and letting his wife "know" how much time she had left to have the baby before the New Year :shock: I am surprised she let him live- my nephew was born right before 10 pm :lol:

My dad was born on New Years Day and I was born on Feb 29th Leap Year. I understand that now they declare the birthday to be either Feb 28 or Mar 1 depending on the time of birth but back then it was a legal day to be born and that is the date on my birth certificate and my driver's license.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosta
    I was so happy he came before the new year so we could get the full tax deduction he 28 this year
    No, but my grandson Nash was born New Year's Day about 6AM. He will be two.
    Attached Images Attached Images

One of my best friends from work is having her 2nd baby tommorrow (by planned C-section), so he/she will be a New Year's Eve baby! We're all so excited!

My grandson Xavier was born Dec. 31 , He'll be a year old tomorrow. I had a good laugh a couple of days ago with his other Grandmother who said to me. No one can understand how much I love him. With a smile, I answered I guess I have a hint!

My dd was born Dec 31, 43 years ago and my mom said: Can I take my anniversary present home with me. She went home a left the gift.

My oldest daughter will be 30 (oh no!) on New Year's Day. Went into labor shortly after midnight and she was born around 9 am. When Lisa was little she thought the Rose Parade on TV was for her birthday.
    One year when she was in college one of her friends would call her every hour to wish her happy birthday as the New Year came in to different countries!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast