Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else spending New Year's Eve by themselves?

Blog Entries

Anyone else spending New Year's Eve by themselves?

My other half is a third shifter and has to work tonite (works retail). I'm not completely alone as I have the 2 dogs and 4 cats to keep me company. I lost the desire to be out and about on New Years Eve a few years ago and I'm not much of a partier anymore! What are you doing to keep yourself busy tonite? I am playing on the computer and will probably sew a little as I have 2 quilts that were supposed to be Christmas gifts to finish.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Well right now I am here but give me a half an hour and I will be in bed sleeping! No better way to see what the New Year brings than wake up to a surprise!!

Guess I am not quite alone as DH is here but he has the flu bug and is asleep so he is not much company. I have worked on putting Xmas decorations away, eaten part of a shrimp ring, and have watched some TV. We are very boring people...even when we are both well! I will play on the computer for awhile and then bring the dog in and go on to bed.

Blog Entries
    I am finishing up cutting fabric for the Mystery quilt tomorrow- did splurge and bought a couple of those foil packages from Walmart- you know throw them in the freezer , then when you take them out WOO HOO I will have a frozen Strawberry Daiquiri LOL I figure close to midnight I will pop into chat here on the board to see who else is hanging out - and I am not really alone , I do have Dick Clark and over 1 million people in Times Square to share the evening with
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

yeah -- sort of -- DH and Abby the Labby have gone to bed before 9 -- I'm on the computer, and then there are books and even the New Years celebration on tv -- been a long, long time since we partied on NewYears!
    diane

I was just singing "another Saturday Night and I ain't got nobody." Yup - count me in.

Blog Entries
    DH just pulled up, he works 9-9. We won't be up for long as he has to work tomorrow as well.

Yes, just me a my fur baby here tonight. Rented a couple of movies and will spend the evening watching them, maybe with some popcorn and toast the New Year with a wine cooler at midnight (if I can stay awake that long). If I get really ambitious I might start on making the new curtains for my kitchen.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cwessel47 View Post
    I was just singing "another Saturday Night and I ain't got nobody." Yup - count me in.
    Ditto here...just me and 8 dogs. Did re-arrange most of my sewing room...woo hoo...party animal.
    Sunnie
    a dog show & quilt addict
    www.buckhollow.net

Just DH, Otis and me here for the big event will be in bed by 9 our time, I'll let everyone else celebrate late tonight and I'll get up bright eyed and bushie tailed in the morning! HAPPY NEW YEAR1111 TO ALL! and good night!

Quote Originally Posted by Up North View Post
    Well right now I am here but give me a half an hour and I will be in bed sleeping! No better way to see what the New Year brings than wake up to a surprise!!
    DITTO
    http://www.skillpages.com/DonnaValleyquiltermo
    Sweet Dreams come from under Cozy Quilts made with love.
    Life is short, take time to enjoy it. Play with your kids and g-kids,
    and do what you can for others.

I'm taking a break from making boutineers, table arrangements and wedding gifts for my oldest son's wedding next Saturday! Happy New Year.
    Linda

Sent my DD home today, don't feel much in a party mood here. DH hasn't started yawning yet...but its only a matter of time, LOL. Will see if I can see town's fireworks out the bedroom window. They moved the sight this year, use to be able to watch from the dining room. Thats if I make it to midnight. Happy New Year to all! MixDixie

I worked all day, hit the grocery on the way home, gassed up my car, had something to eat. ( I hadn't eated all day, I was starved for sure!) I'm here now for a few minutes, got the movie Daddy Long Leggs on....gotta love that one! Diet Coke, yup, I'm good to go! Happy New Year everybody!

Going to check my lottery tickets and watch a little Dick Clark with the DH. First New Year's off he has had in a long time. Have a great one, every one!!!
    You can get older, but you never have to grow up! Tomorrow's just a future yesterday!-Greg Fergerson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnie View Post
    Ditto here...just me and 8 dogs. Did re-arrange most of my sewing room...woo hoo...party animal.
    Well, you sounds like you have a party everyday with 8 dogs! My worry wart BG (shepherd/akita mix) is sulking around. She doesn't like the fireworks and gun shots!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Well...was supposed to hang out with DH, but he has decided his online game is more important. Baby boy is asleep as well as both fur babies. Tried to play a little Wii and got bored...so about to get a bath and go to bed. He can play his game all night again. Quilty hugs and lots of love from this Texad gal.

Blog Entries
    My DH is still recovering from cancer treatment this fall, so he went off to bed a while ago. We did have a nice evening watching/listening to a Gershwin and Bernstein concert on our local PBS station. I know that sounds geeky, but we both love Gershwin especially. They played Candide, one of my favorites, and Rhapsody in Blue, which is something we both love. So, now, I've got the Times Square stuff on the TV and Lady Gaga just came on. Sorry, but that's not music compared to Gershwin!

Can you believe Dick Clark is still doing these New Year's Eve shows???!!!!
    Cathy

For me it's a regular Saturday night ... and "the livin' is easy". Pooch and me are hanging out enjoying the life. With all you out there, I'm not alone ... and never lonely. I won't go to bed until after the neighbors shoot off their fireworks ... no sense going to sleep just to be awakened in a hour or so. Happy New Year to all you pillow huggers and the rest of you out there!
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

DH & I met some friends for Dinner at Nando's Mexican food, and back to their house for cards. Guys won tonight we're pretty sure they cheated....Its 10 to 10pm here now and we're already back home, not sure if we'll make it to midnight, LOL. HAPPY NEW YEARS to ALL!!!!
    SUEB

I wish I were home tonight. Folks are home and in a mood. I ended up making baggies for my Dear Jane blocks. It should save sometime when I sew them. Atleast I don't have to copy the patterns and such....

If I were home alone I'd be sewing

9pm here

Blog Entries
    Well I had a great new years eve, but the party is pooped out already. My girlfriend and her family invited us to their farm. We are keeping our 3 grandsons, cause their parents are out, We had a nice casual evening, then went outside in the snow and had a fireworks show, and are home already. I rocked the baby to sleep, and the others were so tired they are out cold. Now thats my kinda party. Life was good tonight! Happy New Year to All!!!!!
    fatquarters

Happy New Year's ... One and All!

Home Alone Here .... and enjoyed every minute of it, working on my FWS blocks! while watching the original Mary Poppins! And now to bed ....... zzzzzzzzzzzzz
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I did the Fab Shop Hop and found all the quilt squares except for the X's and O's. Can anyone help me find it?

I'm home with my husband, Playing games on the computer, Husband watched TV and took his usual nap. ahe decided to get out of bed and watch a movie. It is now 12:26AM. Already 2012, I hope it is a good year.
    Happy New Year one and all.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast