Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Anyone else spending New Year's Eve by themselves? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anyone-else-spending-new-years-eve-themselves-t173944.html)

auntpiggylpn 12-31-2011 06:55 PM

Anyone else spending New Year's Eve by themselves?

My other half is a third shifter and has to work tonite (works retail). I'm not completely alone as I have the 2 dogs and 4 cats to keep me company. I lost the desire to be out and about on New Years Eve a few years ago and I'm not much of a partier anymore! What are you doing to keep yourself busy tonite? I am playing on the computer and will probably sew a little as I have 2 quilts that were supposed to be Christmas gifts to finish.

Up North 12-31-2011 06:58 PM

Well right now I am here but give me a half an hour and I will be in bed sleeping! No better way to see what the New Year brings than wake up to a surprise!!

Pam B 12-31-2011 07:03 PM

Guess I am not quite alone as DH is here but he has the flu bug and is asleep so he is not much company. I have worked on putting Xmas decorations away, eaten part of a shrimp ring, and have watched some TV. We are very boring people...even when we are both well! I will play on the computer for awhile and then bring the dog in and go on to bed.

sharon b 12-31-2011 07:04 PM

I am finishing up cutting fabric for the Mystery quilt tomorrow- did splurge and bought a couple of those foil packages from Walmart- you know throw them in the freezer , then when you take them out WOO HOO I will have a frozen Strawberry Daiquiri :) LOL I figure close to midnight I will pop into chat here on the board to see who else is hanging out - and I am not really alone , I do have Dick Clark and over 1 million people in Times Square to share the evening with :rolleyes:

Abby'smom 12-31-2011 07:08 PM

yeah -- sort of -- DH and Abby the Labby have gone to bed before 9 -- I'm on the computer, and then there are books and even the New Years celebration on tv -- been a long, long time since we partied on NewYears!

cwessel47 12-31-2011 07:10 PM

I was just singing "another Saturday Night and I ain't got nobody." Yup - count me in.

COYOTEMAGIC 12-31-2011 07:22 PM

DH just pulled up, he works 9-9. We won't be up for long as he has to work tomorrow as well.

Quiltaddict 12-31-2011 07:25 PM

Yes, just me a my fur baby here tonight. Rented a couple of movies and will spend the evening watching them, maybe with some popcorn and toast the New Year with a wine cooler at midnight (if I can stay awake that long). If I get really ambitious I might start on making the new curtains for my kitchen.

Sunnie 12-31-2011 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by cwessel47 (Post 4829021)
I was just singing "another Saturday Night and I ain't got nobody." Yup - count me in.

Ditto here...just me and 8 dogs. Did re-arrange most of my sewing room...woo hoo...party animal.

Gramie bj 12-31-2011 07:42 PM

Just DH, Otis and me here for the big event will be in bed by 9 our time, I'll let everyone else celebrate late tonight and I'll get up bright eyed and bushie tailed in the morning! HAPPY NEW YEAR1111 TO ALL! and good night!