Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Anyone else spending New Year's Eve by themselves? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anyone-else-spending-new-years-eve-themselves-t173944.html)

bookworm 12-31-2011 08:59 PM

I wish I were home tonight. Folks are home and in a mood. I ended up making baggies for my Dear Jane blocks. It should save sometime when I sew them. Atleast I don't have to copy the patterns and such....

If I were home alone I'd be sewing :)

9pm here

fatquarters 12-31-2011 09:15 PM

Well I had a great new years eve, but the party is pooped out already. My girlfriend and her family invited us to their farm. We are keeping our 3 grandsons, cause their parents are out, We had a nice casual evening, then went outside in the snow and had a fireworks show, and are home already. I rocked the baby to sleep, and the others were so tired they are out cold. Now thats my kinda party. Life was good tonight! Happy New Year to All!!!!!

QuiltE 12-31-2011 09:55 PM

Happy New Year's ... One and All!

Home Alone Here .... and enjoyed every minute of it, working on my FWS blocks! :) while watching the original Mary Poppins! And now to bed ....... zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Marye 12-31-2011 10:11 PM

I did the Fab Shop Hop and found all the quilt squares except for the X's and O's. Can anyone help me find it?

Jingle 12-31-2011 10:27 PM

I'm home with my husband, Playing games on the computer, Husband watched TV and took his usual nap. ahe decided to get out of bed and watch a movie. It is now 12:26AM. Already 2012, I hope it is a good year.
Happy New Year one and all.

MisDixie 12-31-2011 10:44 PM

Wow, turned out better than expected here. Last May we did our 30th wedding anniversary trip (year late couldn't agree on a site) to Vegas to see the Moody Blues in concert. Well, its 20 to midnight and the Moody Blues are on PBS! and DH is still up! What a pleasant surprise for me! Happy New Year!
MisDixie,
PS I did the Vegas Quilt Tour, 4 shops and an excellant lunch! Well worth the whole trip, YEP! For sure!

kathdavis 01-01-2012 12:10 AM

Had an early dinner with friends out and then we all came back to chat and play dominoes. We finished up around 1:30 AM and now too wired to go to sleep. Had a nice quiet night and brought the new year in with good old friends.

katigirl 01-01-2012 01:21 AM

I work 3rd shift also so can empathsize with you. Not fun. Hope to have next year off.

raptureready 01-01-2012 11:42 AM

I wasn't alone. DH was here and so was DD plus her BFF. We made appetizers, played Rubbish, Farkle, and we games until about midnight when we toasted in the new year with some sparkling grape juice. Then around 1:30 dh and I drifted off to bed leaving the girls playing on the Wii. I guess they went to bed shortly after that. About 10:30 this morning dd woke me up, the girls and I have played a little Wii then I made sausage, gravy, biscuits and scrambled eggs and we ate brunch around 12:30. Mom used to say that whatever you do on New Years day you'll do the rest of the year so I'm going to sew some today and then we have church tonight. The bff may go home tonight or come back home with us after church--undecided so far and it's up to her mom.

Next year why don't you plan a 3rd Shift party? Invite several of the other nighttime widows in for appetizers and a movie?

luvstoquilt 01-01-2012 01:16 PM

I went out to dinner with my neighbors at 5pm to miss the crowd. We were home by 8. I watched the Lincoln Center Christmas special with the NY Philharmonics (you can see it for a week on PBS.org) and then 30 minutes of Frank Sinatra at Carnegie Hall. After that I watched Lady Gaga and Mayor Blumberg hit the switch to drop the ball in Times Square. (Guess you can tell I used to live there! I do love New York!) It was just 11pm here and I went to bed with my crazy cat tucked under my arm. Widowhood is a "not so fun" place to be. Still, I have a great family and good health and so much to be thankful for.