View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 06:58 AM
blueribbontoes

I posted this also in the classified section, and wasn't sure if people would see it, so I did a dreaded spunle post. (gasp!) I will be happy to delete one if the monitors think it is inappropriate, as it was NOT my intention to spam. I just wasn't sure where was the appropriate posting area...

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a bit of an odd request? My mother teaches in a hole in the wall school, located left of the middle of no where. Like most schools, she has no budget to purchase materials. She is teaching a year long unit on the world, and is using the theme as a basis for teaching science, art, history, math, etc. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to send her class a postcard from countries other than America? (Hense my plea to international readers!) Since postage is so darn pricey, all I am asking for is a postcard, but If anyone is willing to send anything else, the kids would greatly appreciate it! This would make the experience a bit more real, as many of these kids have never even left their state, and the likely hood of visiting other countries are pretty much slim to none. If you could write something about your country, or about living there it would be very interesting for the children to read. The students are in kindergarten. Since forums are "searchable" if you PM me I will provide you with the school's address. The postcards will be mailed directly to the students classroom. THANK YOU for any help!