Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: International Quilters, could you help?

I posted this also in the classified section, and wasn't sure if people would see it, so I did a dreaded spunle post. (gasp!) I will be happy to delete one if the monitors think it is inappropriate, as it was NOT my intention to spam. I just wasn't sure where was the appropriate posting area...

<><><>
    I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a bit of an odd request? My mother teaches in a hole in the wall school, located left of the middle of no where. Like most schools, she has no budget to purchase materials. She is teaching a year long unit on the world, and is using the theme as a basis for teaching science, art, history, math, etc. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to send her class a postcard from countries other than America? (Hense my plea to international readers!) Since postage is so darn pricey, all I am asking for is a postcard, but If anyone is willing to send anything else, the kids would greatly appreciate it! This would make the experience a bit more real, as many of these kids have never even left their state, and the likely hood of visiting other countries are pretty much slim to none. If you could write something about your country, or about living there it would be very interesting for the children to read. The students are in kindergarten. Since forums are "searchable" if you PM me I will provide you with the school's address. The postcards will be mailed directly to the students classroom. THANK YOU for any help!

PM on the way, would be happy to send.

PM me the addy and how many kids.
    I live on Guam. It's a territory of the US, but also it's own little world

Blog Entries

PM posted.

Thanks again ladies! You are awesome!

Would be delighted to help, What other kinds of things would be useful? What age group are we looking at?

There are 26 kindergarten students. (Do they have "kindergarten" in New Zealand? They are 5 and 6 year olds.)

Newspapers, photos, product packaging, leaflets or pamphlets about local places of interest, someone mentioned a calendar which I thought was neat. Coins? Please don't send anything that costs you lots of money! We appreciate anything! Everyday items to you are very different and unique to these rural kids!

Thanks so much!

An Irish primary school teacher here, and I'd be happy to participate. I've sent you a pm.

Thanks again everyone!