Old 12-30-2010, 05:01 AM
clcoats

We may be too hard on some people--I'm not sure I would have totally appreciated a quilt until I started quilting--nor would I have totally appreciated all of the work that went into a cross stitched piece if I hadn't learned to cross stitch.

My DH never saw the value in Waterford crystal until we had a tour of Waterford crystal in Ireland. Now he totally understands its value due to the workmanship that makes each individual piece. He also understands the value of a quilt and cross stitch project because he knows the time I've put into it.

Also--I think age has something to do with the appreciation of gifts--the older we get the more we tend to value what we receive and we understand more.

Ten years ago an Aunt (who has now passed away) gave me a quilt. I never cared for the colors (orangey) and had it packed away. Last year our oldest son needed a quilt for a futon that he had in his 'computer' room in his apartment. We gave him the orangey, wonderfully soft, tyed quilt. He loves it! The quilt found its home.