View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 07:08 AM
plainpat

Haven't read the thread, but I do the same. The house is done 1st & supper planned. DH is retired & if we'll be home, I'lll prob sew....or read...or check my mail.I'm a very early riser, so most of my work gets done before I sit down to have my tea & read some posts.I don't sew by hand, so eves are either watching TV with DH or reading posts on diff sites I belong to.There are days when I sew off & on most of the day & other days, several in a row, when I don't sew at all. So,whatever works.

Originally Posted by quiltmaker
My secret if you can call it a secret is that I spend hours quilting. I don't get on the board often and when I do I can catch up so to speak. I get my home in order every morning if need be and have my days of antiquing, enjoying my friends, church and doing the necessary errands and anything else that may pop up in life.
I priortize my time so everything is taken care of (cooking & gardening, etc.) and quilt to my heart's content. I have never found it difficult to do and have a very full and rich life and make many, many quilts each year. I think we make up our minds as to what we want in our lives and then you are the master of your fate.